“Excellent breakfast! ”

Le Passe Compose
Ranked #660 of 6,487 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

The food was amazing! We had the Spanish omelette and eggs Benedict and for dessert we had the Belgian waffles with fruits and yogurt. Excellent service. For some reason TripAdvisor don’t let me upload some pictures

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

Food is delicious, generous portions, great atmosphere and friendly service. I had the Quail waffle which was very good and my friend had the gnocci which was delish. Everything in the menu is tempting, lots of options for poached eggs. Smoothies and freshly made juices are great too and so is the matcha tea. Be prepared as there are usually long queues but the service is speedy so it moves fast.

Reviewed December 25, 2017

Passé Composé offers quite the options for a brunch and the food is always on point. My favorite is the Poached Egg with Foie gras and Port sauce, which is unbelievable.

I would recommend arriving early during the weekends, before 9:30 if you want to avoid the huge lineups.

Those lineups could be avoided if the hostess was more efficient at the entrance, but it feels like it might be done on purpose to show a crowd outside of the place. That was my only disappointment after seeing the table where we ended up eating free for 30 min before it was assigned to us.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed December 20, 2017 via mobile

I was told about Le Passé Composé by my Airbnb host as a place to get a good brunch. The super well-thought-out dishes are a bliss. The eggs were cooked to perfection and the French Toast was divine. The Mocca was also great. The staff is friendly and the space is comfy. I feel extreme joy in recommending this place.

Reviewed December 10, 2017

Le Passe Compose is a great place for Brunch. I had the Duck Confit Poached Egg. The eggs were perfectly prepared with runny yolks, sat on top of savory butternut squash and were topped with tender duck, white Porto sauce, and crisp potato waffles. The cappuccino was also very nice.

Date of visit: November 2017