“Amazingly clean and cozy B&B.”
Review of Au Coeur Urbain

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
Au Coeur Urbain
Ranked #22 of 145 Montreal B&B and Inns
Westbrook, Connecticut
“Amazingly clean and cozy B&B.”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We had a lovely overnight stay in Montreal. The Inn was absolutely spotless in a lovely area of Montreal. Our hosts,Francois and Carol, have lovingly restored the Inn and have put there heart and soul into the place.Breakfast was a never-ending delicious affair of fine local foods. We totally enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank newport217

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this cozy B & B during our first trip to Montreal and it was just impeccable. It has great location about a 10-20mins walk to the city center, easy to locate and accessible bus/subway. The room we were in was small but cozy, the bathroom was good size though and everything was spotless. What made this trip from great to excellent was our host Carolle and Francoise and the breakfast they prepared in the morning. The attention and detail they put in starting you off in the day is nothing compared to hotels. They best part was the confitures served with their freshly baked bread. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank krys04
bedford
Reviewed 19 January 2012

With a expected icestorm coming and having a medical exam in Montreal early the next morning, I decided to head for Au Coeur Urbain, which is just across the street from the Montreal General Hospital. After a good night sleep, I was enjoying a nice breakfast in a relax state of mind, while everybody esle in Montreal were slipping and sliding away trying to get to work.
After breakfast, I just crossed the street and stroll for a minute to the hospital entrance.
Thanks François and Carolle for a wonderfull stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BoBoBabo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at Carolle and Francois during Formula 1 in May 2011. The place is great. It's clean, well equipped, the breakfast is amazing and the hosts are very, very nice. The location is amazing too. It's walking distance to downtown Montreal. You don't need a car when you stay there. I would go back for sure!

Beata

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but I guess staying on the last floor is the best.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My wife and I prefer to stay in smaller establishments when we travel, both to get a better feel for the city and to have a more homelike place to come back to at night. We chose Au Coeur Urbain on the basis of the reviews here and how glad we are we did!

The proprietors are an absolutely wonderful couple. They are extraordinarily friendly and helpful (they steered us to a great poutin place) and were happy to indulge us as we wreaked broken French on them. They were also armed with maps and, best of all for a tourist, Métro passes, which ordinarily cost six dollars a piece.

The location was terrific. A quiet neighborhood on the side of Mont Royal, it was a pretty quick walk to both the train station (Guy-Concordia) and the downtown area. We used the parking offered by the gîte (at a per night cost) and didn't think about our car the whole trip, which was fantastic since we endured both a rain and snow storm during our stay!

Our room, the Québécoise, was comfy and well turned out with organic mattress, pillows, and towels, and a recycling bin right by the door. A flat screen TV and local channels gave us a nice opportunity to practice our French at the end of a long day walking the various neighborhoods of Montréal. The room was also prettily appointed with lovely color on the walls, decorations, and furniture. The shower was truly gorgeous, with slate tiles and glass door, but if you're of the tall persuasion, you might want to check out the other rooms. The shower follows the slant of the roof and, while it's quite roomy side to side, it's not so much top to bottom. I'm 5'7" and was fine, but anyone much above my height would feel the crunch and probably need to hunch. We peeked into the Japonaise room and the shower wasn't slanted as was ours, so if you're tall, you might want to ask before you book a specific room.

Someone mentioned that the breakfast was disappointing. I can only imagine that the breakfast has been changed since they stayed here. Breakfast comes in four courses with a generous side of cheese, juice, and coffee. The first course is a generously sized serving of fruit, the second course is organic toast with an array of spreads, third course is the main, which, like the fruit and bread selection, varied from day to day. Finally was a sweet course which always consisted of three separate delicacies. We were always so full by the time this rolled around that we always took it to go. Breakfast kept us full until at least 14:00 and was ridiculously delicious, to boot. Paired with the pretty dining room and friendly conversation of Francois (Carolle was in the kitchen, preparing all the deliciousness) it was a great way to start the day.

I would absolutely recommend this gîte for anyone looking for a place to stay in Montréal that's comfortable, friendly, and close to everything.

Room Tip: Québécoise had a somewhat short shower. Check if you're tall.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank atlantisflygirl
Boston, MA
Reviewed 30 December 2011

So, our trip was relatively spur of the moment, and after some discussion my wife and I happened upon this B&B. I must say it was a great decision. Clearly Carolle et Françios have their heart and soul invested in this place. You can tell, from the service (Carolle returned a phone call I made and although I was afraid to leave a message, called me back and encouraged me to return her call), from helping me park, from presenting three amazing petit-déjeuner (guaranteed you are going to need an extra stomach to eat the 4 course local-grown masterpiece, different every day), to all the TLC we received from them. François told me about his experience renovating this space, mostly done by himself and Carolle, and with the help of others on occasion. The rooms are really lovely (we were able to catch a glimpse of other rooms aside from our own). It's not a big space, but it's well oriented, and plenty of room for my wife and I to move around. Everything is new, the shower is a beautiful walk-in tile, and the sink traditional/contemporary.
When I needed help finding my way around, Carolle readily offered a map, and made suggestions, and was tremendously helpful. They were quite gracious when I tried out my broken French on them, without being judgmental or refusing to answer me in French. They are so gracious, and clearly love the business that they are in. It was such a pleasure to see them surrounded by friends and family, and their 1.5 yr old grandson. Our room was done beautifully every day, and even the day we stayed in for a bit and didn't leave until almost 1, we were never disturbed. It was clear they were paying attention, even when attending to other chores. Carolle and François were so attentive to all our needs. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you Carolle et François!

Room Tip: All rooms are insulated, and so are very quiet. Although we are close to the hospital, we never had...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Today is my last day in Montreal and I just want to stay in the B&B and not do anything else because is that comfortable! Carole and Francois make you feel very welcome everyday and serve up the freshest organic breakfast daily with home-made jams, cheeses, and bake goods. Room is very clean and warm, and the bed is very comfy as well. The B&B sit right on the hill by Parc Mont-Royal so it's about 15 min walk down to the bustling Rus Saint Catherine and everything else. But just note, the walk back is all the way uphill! Overall, this is the best choice ever for coming to Montreal the first time. Carole and Francois will take good care of you!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo