“Fresh but noisy”

Kazumi Sushi Lounge
Ranked #485 of 6,457 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa)
Reviewed December 30, 2017

This sushi bar and restaurant serves the freshest seafood imaginable, and the chefs are attentive to subtle details. The presentation and service are great. But the place is trendy, and as such places tend to be, way too noisy.

Reviewed August 24, 2017

A little far from downtown, but it was worth the drive. It would be better to have reservations, as it gets booked. Great quality and service.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Very delicious food, great service, immaculate presentation and creativity with food, super ambience, reasonably priced. Would go back anytime!

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

I went with a friend who was visiting from out of town. After seeing the many rave reviews, I was confident this would be a sure bet.

Order the Omakase with the expectation of a pleasant experience.

Nope. The order of the fish went from fatty to lean to fatty again. In some instances we were waiting over half an hour just to have the wait staff come by to offer water. Ginger is apparently an extremely rare commodity.

Now you may ask, what day of the week was this? It was a Tuesday which by all intents and purposes is not a busy night. The room gets loud very quickly even when there are only a few patrons.

My advice to you is avoid this place and focus downtown or the old port.

Thang M, Owner at Kazumi Sushi Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

good afternoon MonsieurMedicin, I'm so sorry to hear this from you. i was your chef that night because i work every Tuesday and sunday night in sushi-bar. I do not know if you had told my waiter what you like and what do not like but when it comes to tasting menu i alway try to give my clients the freshest of the day. please keep in mind that at Kazumi anything you do not like after tasting it please do not hesitate to ask waiter to return the dish with 100% refund and do our best to your taste. And i am sorry for our water service. i am alway at Kazumi if you have any problem please ask for me( Thang). i would be please to do my best to make sure you and all of our customers having great experience. we appreciate very much your comment. Best regard. Thang

Reviewed August 5, 2017

We had a nice greeting from the owner/chef Tang, that welcomed us personally. I was accompanied by my son that got a full demonstration on how sushi was prepared, great experience! The sushi was fresh, tasty and A1. I will definitely return with friends and even take out!