“Never again!”

Gaufrabec
Ranked #4,248 of 6,487 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Belgian
Reviewed July 2, 2017

The only reason I am giving this place one star is for their quirky decor. This was my second and last time in this place. First try was just weeks after they opened which was close to a year ago, service was poor, they served coffee only in paper cups, offered plastic cutlery only though the waffles and salad were very but this did not make up for it's short falls in other areas for a casual dining experience. My husband and I decided to give it another try today...why did we bother. The young guy behind the counter clearly did not seem comfortable dealing with customers. Between our limited French and his limited English we managed to place an order. Our coffees took over 15 minutes to prepare - nothing complicated a double espresso and a cafe latte. Nothing seemed to be happening so I got up and found my coffee on the counter while my husband's espresso was prepared but the server just left it and walked off, we assumed, to prepare our one order of a waffle with ham and cheese. We inquired about my husband's coffee and it brought his attention back to the fact he just left it. While waiting for the coffees and the waffle, we did not smell or see any fresh waffle being prepared for our order. Suddenly it was ready. I don't know if orders are brought to the table or for the customer to pick up at the counter but I went up to the counter to pick up our order. The server asked if we wanted something besides homemade mayonnaise and I asked for Dijon mustard. He brought me French's regular mustard but said the place only offer's homemade products.....I questioned the offer of French's mustard! We bit into the ham and cheese waffle...the waffle was dry and hard, not fresh at all...why not I ask?
This place is a disappointment to say the least. We will definitely not return for a third try.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed September 16, 2016 via mobile

Wow! So happy this place opened up! It's location is awesome near the bike path in Lachine and right behind the market.
The waffles are extraordinary and the toppings are mouth watering. We had the sweet ones on our first visit but we'll be back for the savoury ones :)

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed December 27, 2015 via mobile

I remember eating waffles in Brussels some 30 years ago and I have yet to find a place in the States with the same type of Belgiun dense carmalized waffles I enjoyed in my youth, until last night. Visiting old Montreal, my wife and I noticed a Chinese tourist eating one and asked where he got it. He pointed to a truck parked by the Jaques Cartier sign by the old port. We rushed to find a line had formed. There was a lady preparing the Waffles and two young men handling the orders. They were polite and even had a point of sale system set up on an IPad. My wife had the chocolate waffle but I insisted on a natural. Hers cost 5 Canadian dollars, mine was 4. Well worth the price. I went back this evening but could not find the truck, to my disappointment. Authentic and we'll worth it.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed August 6, 2015 via mobile

I'm a big fan of Waffles with chocolate. The truck is nice, clean with clear access to the cooking area (very clean!).
The waffle is an average item, but beyond the taste, the lovely thing is the convenience to enjoy your sweet in the park! Love food trucks!!!

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I wish I had one near my house. Absolutely the best waffle I have ever had. They are a great value too. Pure pleasure to eat.