1,522 results
All reviews high ceilings art collection pop art andy warhol old montreal jasper johns original artwork unique hotel notre dame basilica lobby bar perfect location valet parking room was large within walking distance croissants continental breakfast would definitely stay here again
Reviewed November 26, 2015 via mobile

So I planed an impromptu trip for my wife based on the end result being this hotel.
It gives you a special feeling to be so close to works from such well known artists like Warhol, Hirst, Motherwell, Johns, Quinn and Indiana to mention a few. As an artist and a lover of art I thought my wife would love it.
The rooms area nice size, however seem a bit dated. The furniture is a collection of antiques, but the room feels a bit old, yet they were quite comfortable and enjoyable.
All the staff were really nice, not one bad interaction at all. The check in girl was so nice, she looked up something for us and put it on a map so we could find it.
They have a nice continental breakfast, cheese, bagels and croissants, oh and yogurt parfait. They are so nice, they make your morning start amazing. The one annoying thing as the cleaning staff left the vacuum outside of our room, leaning on the doorframe the whole visit.
The negative would be about the art.
With a fair bit of the art that was acquired, they left the lot numbers and dates from acquisition on the glass and frame. In a way it devalues what you are looking at. Cleaning that up would make the collection more magical, as a whole it was an amazing collection of work and definitely worth seeing.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2015

What a cool place to stay in Montreal! So much more charm and character than a chain hotel. We had an corner executive suite, which was so comfortable. Loved all the art throughout the hotel. One afternoon we walked all the floors of the hotel to take in all the different art througout. Breakfast room was lovely and the breakfast selection was ample and very nice. Good location near the Cathedral and the old town. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2015

LHotel is unlike any other hotel I've stayed at, and I've experienced everything from the best of the Ritz to the worst of the Hyatt.

The valet, front desk and lobby bar are all run with the enthusiasm and spirit of a 5 star hotel, but you'll find the same person doing all three. They may not be experts at each task, but their enthusiasm and genuine care ensuring each moment is memorable will strike you.

We stayed in room 203, which the staff excitedly refer to as "the best room". The internet calls it the Roy Lichtenstein room — 13 foot ceilings, king bed with plush, soft linen, separate sitting area and furniture and a really cool steam shower (although I agree with another reviewer that the shower could use a manual.)

I would recommend a larger TV in the bedroom and another TV in the living room, but these are trivial matters. The location of this hotel in Old Montreal is so excellent who needs a TV?

You might find the carpets in the room and some scuffs and marks on the wood walls careless, but if that's what you notice you're missing the magic.

There is nothing at this hotel as excellent as the enthusiastic, spirited, and loving staff. Marie-Andrée, Jan, Oscar and Jaci should be awarded tourism prizes. They balance and master their skills with an expertise that blew my mind. They were simultaneously friendly, warm, skilled at making a mean martini, and understood the most important part of hospitality: making you feel at home. Leaving and arriving at the hotel at all hours, they made us feel genuinely welcome and loved. They alone are a reason I would return here.

LHotel: I'm a picky person and expect a flawless hotel experience when I travel. This hotel and its staff exceeded and surpassed my expectations in every way. I will be back, and I will send my friends. Thank you!

Room tip: We stayed in 203, which we were repeatedly told is their best
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Xtian13
Reviewed November 20, 2015

This hotel was one of the coolest I have stayed in thus far. I loved the oldies music that was constantly playing and the staff was very friendly. It is a great place if you want an easy going atmosphere to make friends or be alone. I was staying there with my dad and we made friends with the bartender and some other people staying there. It was one of the best trips we have had to Montreal and definitely won't be our last thanks to L Hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Alejandro G, General Manager at LHotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2015

Dear Kayelyn G,

First and foremost, we want to let you know how much we appreciate your kind review. We are pleased to know you found the staff friendly and helpful during your stay at LHotel Montreal. We are also glad you were able to make friends during your stay. The great atmosphere of the hotel is easy going just like you said, and it brings us great pleasure to see our guests enjoy it as much as we do.

It would be a pleasure to see you again at LHotel Montreal and once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2015

This stylish hotel is immediately impressive. Situated on a quiet street, the building itself is attractive, and the interiors are stunning. Every wall is adorned with original works of art, and there are sculptures, too, in the public areas. There is a bar and an attractive dining room where breakfast is served. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. The hotel is situated not far from the Basilique Notre Dame. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. I can highly recommend it.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Wombat2013,

On behalf of the entire staff here at LHotel Montreal, we would like to say your kind words are much appreciated. Just like you said, LHotel is definitely an art lovers’ paradise! We are glad to hear that the artsy touch of our establishment created a unique experience during your stay with us. It is extremely important for us to know our valued guests are comfortable in the hotel and they have everything they need.

We are glad to know our service met your expectations. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to see you back shortly!

Kind regards,