“A lovely hotel and stay”

Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile
Ranked #15 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This is a beautiful hotel in the heart of the city...convenient to great shopping! Staff was very friendly, rooms and amenities top notch. The most comfortable bed in the whole wide world!! Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Bonjour,

Thank you for reviewing your experience! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We will look forward to welcoming you again!

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile

Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sofitel over the long weekend and could not have been happier with our stay. Excellent hospitality, great location and a wonderful restaurant for brunch :) I give 5 stars for customer service - thanks for making our stay a good one! :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Bonjour,

Thank you very much for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I was so glad to read how much you enjoyed the service and the amenities we offer.

We hope to see you again at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Five years ago I selected this strategically well located spot. Five years later I can't find a black spot about this hotel. Reservation desk checked me in , in a flash. Baggages been instantly teleported to my room. Spacey rooms like at home. The bedding gives me the feeling to sleep,in a cotton stack. I can practice my morning yoga session, get my power breakfast in the room reading my Favourite newspaper and hit a long working day.Wifi is top. Just plug in my ipod on a Bose docking to put my personal ambiance. Ice cube machine on each lobby. The restaurant is magnificent with excellent food presentation.The attention of the room services about details (e.g. my pajama was well folded on the bed when I came back one late evening). Location on one side on the foot of the magnificent MountRoyal and on the other in the middle of the shopping and dinning district. Asia is calling me so back to my favorite warm weather. Thanks SofiTel for the warm stay in the beautiful,but too cold to long Montreal. I'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Bonjour MiBali21,

We love to hear that you enjoyed the property and were well taken care of by our staff! On behalf of all of our Ambassadors, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and we will all look forward to having you back again soon at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

An Accor traveller
Glattbrugg
Reviewed 28 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 March 2012

This hotel is near the very heart of what makes Montreal such a great place to visit. The hotel is in the Shadow of Mount Royal. Only blocks from St. Catherine's and Peel. There are innumerable restaurants, pubs and cafes about. The hotel is stumbling distance to McGill. Location could not be any better.

The hotel bar/bistro is quite pricey, but the quality is there. However, given the selection of fine dining in close proximity, I think there is value in finding places outside.

The rooms are very modern. Was very pleased with the service. Everything I expect in a high end hotel.

I will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a view. Quiet, private and excellent uninhibited city views
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Bonjour Coltron,

We appreciate the time you took to post your recent comments from your stay at our hotel.
Thank you for the kind words and compliments of our staff. We hope to see you in the near future at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Hotel is well located in the center of the city. It is modern style, rooms are OK, my preferred feature being the good Sofitel beds. Internet comes for free. Wardrobe is a bit small. Bathroom features a shower only (room 607) and could use additional shelving for personal items.
Service upon check-in was disappointing, only one receptionist to handle both check-ins and check-outs (late morning), while others are in the back handling admin duties instead of handling customers.
On the positive side, the complimentary coffee early morning upon check-out is a nice touch.
The bar is not very cosy unfortunately and not too inviting for a night cap.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, we really appreciate all feedback. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, and are looking into the issues you raised. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with the Magnifique experience enjoyed by the majority of our customers.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Sofitel is my favorite hotel. Although small, the Montreal rooms are planned out nicely and have very nice "homey" touches. Is it cheap? NO. But you do get what you pay for. I ONLY stay at Sofitel when in Montreal. Hands down the best.

The valet parking is tops.

Room Tip: All rooms I've stayed in were great.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Bonjour,

Thank you very much! We greatly appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to Montréal and Sofitel Golden Mile again soon.