“Wonderful stay in central location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile
Ranked #16 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
Whitehorse, Canada
“Wonderful stay in central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here for the weekend and have nothing but good things to say. The hotel is in a great location walking distance to shopping, restaurants, the train station and the metro. It's a quick drive out to other fun and interesting areas of the city, and you'd have no trouble hailing a cab.

The hotel staff were very pleasant and friendly, and the hotel was very quiet. It could've just been the weekend we were there, but we didn't hear any street noise or hallway noise from other guests.

Our room was nice, decent sized with lots of room to spread out and store our belongings. The basic free wifi worked great for our email and internet browsing purposes. I don't remember reading that there was complimentary wifi, so was pleasantly surprised to have it. You can pay extra for faster connection, but we didn't feel the need.

Bathroom was luxurious feeling and L'Occitane amenities were fabulous. To nitpick a little, there wasn't much room on the bathroom counter for toiletries, the shower - which was gorgeous with the rainfall shower head - was rather dark, and the bathroom doors didn't leave much for privacy. They were 2 half-sized doors that didn't close entirely, but also didn't stay open, which was a hassle with 2 people trying to get ready at the same time. Again, nit picky but things for maybe the hotel to consider addressing.

At the right price, I would definitely stay here again. We lucked out and went on a non-busy weekend, and scored a rate of $150/night off hotels.com. I'd recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank teedTraveller
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Bonjour Madame,

We thank you for taking the time to write your review on our property. We sincerely appreciate reading that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel met your criteria for a great hotel stay. We will all look forward to having you back again soon at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

François Marceau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently visited Montreal to see family and conduct business. The Sofitel on Rue Sherbrooke was perfect. The price was right, the location super convenient and the quality of the room and service were excellent! This is where I will stay at least until i have a chance to stay at the Ritz Carlton when it reopens following a huge renovation! However, it better be great or I'm right back here. It is not a compromise choice either. Very much a top notch hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms higher up have great views and chose a deluxe room rather than standard!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Bonjour,

We love to hear that you enjoyed the property and were well taken care of by our staff! On behalf of all of our Ambassadors, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and we will all look forward to having you back again soon at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at the Sofitel in Montreal last weekend for one night. I understand that they are currently redoing the rooms, and because I got a great deal on a coupon website, I was given one of the more dated rooms. However, the bed was super comfortable, and I had a magnificent view of the city from two angles of my corner room on the 16th floor. The staff could not have been any more pleasant - and the lunch I had in the main floor restaurant was terrific (if pricey). The gym was one of those not-so-great hastily thrown together affairs - some people don't mind, but when I travel I like to enjoy my food and wine, and pay the piper in the gym! There is no pool, but the location is perfect - a quick stroll to many of Montreal's great shopping and galleries.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bonjour Kaali67,

Thank you for reviewing your experience! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We will look forward to welcoming you again at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

What a charming boutique style hotel in Montreal within walking distance to shops, restaurants and university. Staff was personal and attentive. Rooms were clean and modern. Enjoy!!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Bonjour,

We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you in the near future at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

ny ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

This is a beautiful hotel in the heart of the city...convenient to great shopping! Staff was very friendly, rooms and amenities top notch. The most comfortable bed in the whole wide world!! Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Bonjour,

Thank you for reviewing your experience! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We will look forward to welcoming you again!

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sofitel over the long weekend and could not have been happier with our stay. Excellent hospitality, great location and a wonderful restaurant for brunch :) I give 5 stars for customer service - thanks for making our stay a good one! :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I was so glad to read how much you enjoyed the service and the amenities we offer.

We hope to see you again at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile in the near future.

Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Five years ago I selected this strategically well located spot. Five years later I can't find a black spot about this hotel. Reservation desk checked me in , in a flash. Baggages been instantly teleported to my room. Spacey rooms like at home. The bedding gives me the feeling to sleep,in a cotton stack. I can practice my morning yoga session, get my power breakfast in the room reading my Favourite newspaper and hit a long working day.Wifi is top. Just plug in my ipod on a Bose docking to put my personal ambiance. Ice cube machine on each lobby. The restaurant is magnificent with excellent food presentation.The attention of the room services about details (e.g. my pajama was well folded on the bed when I came back one late evening). Location on one side on the foot of the magnificent MountRoyal and on the other in the middle of the shopping and dinning district. Asia is calling me so back to my favorite warm weather. Thanks SofiTel for the warm stay in the beautiful,but too cold to long Montreal. I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Bonjour MiBali21,