2,520 results
All reviews renoir restaurant luxury room mcgill university sherbrooke street museum of fine arts mount royal rain shower corner room turn down service beautiful hotel excellent stay valet parking comfortable rooms enjoyed my stay valet service the ritz long weekend
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This Sofitel was true to its standards: our room was spacious, wonderful bathroom, exceptional service from the lobby to the in-room service. Staff was extremely helpful, and the restaurant is very good too. I'll be back !

Room Tip: Corner rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Palaceonly,

We appreciate the time you took to post your recent comments following your stay at the Sofitel Montreal.

Thank you for the kind words and compliments of our staff, we will make sure to share your feedback with them.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

The location is great, you are but a few minutes walk from many interesting downtown locations. The hotel itself is nice, clean and has an excellent restaurant. We would however caution those getting a room with a lock-in door which connects an adjacent room—they can be noisy.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms connected to an adjacent via a lock-in door.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Dear Kris Z,

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

The pricing at the Sofitel has gone ballistic! This used to be our favorite downtown stay, but we have to re-evaluate. One night (low season) for a lower end room with parking was over $360. The rooms are nicely designed but the problem is the "Accor" Group. It seems that this Sofitel (like most Accor properties) fail to register your loyalty number. You just have to keep asking to get your points - eventually, sometimes you do. One front desk clerk suggested that I just enjoy the hotel experience and not worry about my points. The rooms are nicely appointed, with good temperature control and good bathrooms and amenities. Staff are friendly, but not enough to overcome the greed of the Accor Group. They have instituted a mandatory $9 per night "service charge" for lobby coffee and newspapers which used to be free.
I am an Accor "Platinum" Member, but because my membership is from the Fairmont Hotels, none of the privileges or benefits apply at the Sofitel. They also gave me complimentary drink coupons on the last night of my stay at around midnight, after the bar was closed. Since I coming back to a sister Accor property in Montreal (the Queen Elizabeth) in about 3 weeks, I asked if the drink coupons could be extended till then; the answer was NO.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank GeorgeFMarkhamON
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear GeorgeFMarkhamON,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Montréal Golden Mile. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel Hotels & Resorts, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures with the reception director to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

To be honest, staying here was an experience as it should be!
Sublime service and food, I would definitely recommend the restaurant as the food was delicious. Just a generally pleasant experience and one I am eager to enjoy again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Dear andrewkimalim,

Thank you very much for writing a review regarding your recent stay at the Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

I was so glad to read how much you enjoyed the service and the restaurant le Renoir.

On behalf of all of Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and we will all look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Hotel has very central location close to museums, restaurants and shops. Perfect for getting around on foot in downtown Montreal.

Restaurant service at breakfast was good.

Staff friendly.

Only downside was that the room we had was tiny with a view of a flat concrete roof of the building next door - not very exciting to return to such a small room with no view after a day out.

Stayed: July 2018
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Dear Carogrand,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Montréal Golden Mile. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.