My husband and I travelled to Montreal this past weekend for an overnight stay- a change of scenery and to spend some quality time together. I found Le Place D'Armes hotel after looking on TA for something special, a hotel that wasnt a cookie cutter from a chain The reviews were excellent and just were just what we were looking for. We requested an early check in by email and received a response within 24 hours that they would try their best to accomodate our request. Upon arriving at the hotel, almost 2 hours before check in, we were greeted by Nicholas and we were happy to see our request was met. He also let us know that for a small fee, we could upgrade to either a king room for $20.00/day or to a junior suite with a king bed, fireplace, jacuzzi tub and balcony for $35.00/day. I asked to see the rooms and Nicholas was extremely pleasant, giving us a tour of the hotel, explaining the history and the different additions to the hotel. We loved the jr suite he showed us and didnt think twice about upgrading. The room was twice the size of the standard room we had booked, with a brick wall running through the bedroom to the ensuite. A huge kingsize bed, a lovely sitting area, with wall unit that had a flatscreen tv over the electric fireplace, and floor to celing windows that lead to a balcony made up the room.The bathroom was beautiful. It was spacious, with a large walkin in rainshower, a stand alone jacuzzi tub for 2, with a tv and sink and vanity. Bathrobes included. We fell in love with the room immedidately! We received a card for 2 free drinks in the lounge Suite 701 which we used after a day of shopping (value $22.00), which in our minds made up for the $25.00 cost for valet parking. We had a great night at the hotel and just loved the atmosphere, the surroundings and the helpful and friendly staff. When we got up the next morning, we were dismayed to find that we had no hot water for a shower before leaving for breakfast. We called down and were told it may take up to an hour for the problem to be fixed, so we requested a complimentary room service breakfast be sent up and the gentleman at the front desk didnt hesitate for a second and told us to give our order to room service and it would be on the hotel. Breakfast arrived and it was fantastic! The water still wasnt fixed before we left, but the manner in which the problem was dealt with, did not change our opinion of the service and experience we had! We plan to go back in the summer when the weather is nicer to visit the rooftop terrace and the Rainspa and make it a tradition when we need a little getaway! Thank you Hotel Place D'Armes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Place d'Armes features 80 rooms and 53 suites, including six studios with private terrace and five large penthouses where the decor blends contemporary design with ancient architecture. The three historic buildings housing Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites all date back to the late 19th century. These regal structures were originally home to some of the pre-eminent businesses of the time, and their architecture recalls an era devoted to unmatched craftsmanship and detail. Hotel Features: - 6 meeting rooms and a modular ballroom that can accommodate up to 350 people, with natural light, stone or brick walls and equipped with comfortable furniture - 2 restaurants and a spa - Rooftop Terrace ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Place d'Armes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel And Suites
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel Montreal
- Le Place d Armes Montreal