Ramada Plaza Montreal
Hotel Ruby Foo's(Montreal)
  • Fitness centre
Motel Colibri(Montreal)
View Hotel
All reviewsquality hotel midtownkosher breakfastfitness roomstreet parkingbit datedmetromattresses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My wife, my daughter and I spent 11 nights at the Quality Midtown Montréal. The staff did a tremendous job answering all our requests. They cared about everything that helped us feel at home. Free parking! free, generous and varied breakfast! Large and renovated rooms! Nice pool and gym space! Wifi access! Very useful free business area, and a confortable lobby! Excellent and close enough from perfect!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Adil E
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I spent three nights (3 seperate 1 night stays) at this hotel recently and found it adequate.
Pros: great price, large rooms, comfy beds, really comfy pillows, clean, free parking, free breakfast (never ate it though, so can't comment), free wi-fi, exercise room and pool (didn't use so can't comment), short drive to food and shopping, short walk to metro

Cons: very unfriendly staff (not rude, simply unfriendly), single small elevator, noise from highway 15 if you stay on the front, slightly smelly hallways (due to the age of the hotel i suspect), loud heater/AC system

A comment on location - this hotel is in midtown montreal, right off highway 15, Decarie. If you need a hotel in this area, your choices are very limited. The only other one i know of is Ruby Foo's which is about 3x more expensive. Keep in mind that his hotel is not walking distance to any of montreal's sights, but it is very close to the subway. If you want to be downtown, close to the action, you can probably find a hotel in this price range that is much closer.

So if you are looking for a budget hotel in midtown, this is a good choice. Just don't expect too much, it is squarely 3 star.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the fouth floor facing the back, they will be the quietest.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We went there during Thanksgiving long weekend. Did not make a reservation because we actually wanted to stay downtown Montreal but the huge traffic convinced us to stop there and consider getting to town by metro. It turned out to be a great idea because this hotel is brand new and very affordable in terms of price. The parking is included, as wi-fi and a good breakfast, too.
The staff was friendly and corteous, the room was quiet (our room had soundproof-windows), big and clean; they even changed the bedsheets on our 2nd day's stay.
We also saw a swimming pool and a little spa center (still on construction) which will make this hotel ever worthier.
The metro station is 5 minutes walking away and with the orange line we got to Montreal in 15 minutes without worrying about very crowded and expensive parking lots...
We visited the city, came back for a break and left again for dinner; our stay went on very smoothly and we were totally happy and satisfied of our choice.

Room Tip: if you want to use the spa, ask if it's ready when making the reservation!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aniska
SammyBasaran, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear Aniska,

Thank you for your review of our establishment.

We have recently completed various renovations to our Hotel and we are proud of the results. We are focused on ways to continually improve our Hotel in order to serve our guests better. All of your wonderful feedback is greatly appreciated. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again.

Sammy Basaran
General Manger

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed at this at this hotel on business trip.Good location, close to the metro stop and highways. Met the owner who asked my opinion of his place. I told him it was ok and met my expectations.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I have just returned from Montreal having stayed 5 nights at Quality Hotel Midtown. I really cannot praise the hotel enough. The front desk staff were always extremely helpful. The room was spacious and spotless, with clean linen daily, clean towels daily. Tea and coffee in the room and a good refrigerator. The complimentary breakfasts were very satisfying. The lobby and lounge were spacious, clean and comfortable. There are two computers in the lobby for free internet use. A very well-equiped fitness room and small swimming pool. The car park is next to the main entrance of the hotel providing easy access.. There are hot drinks (tea/coffee) available in the lobby 24/7. There is a very good restaurant next to the hotel. There are 2 bus stops outside the hotel.and a subway station less than 5 minutes walk up the road. I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to have an opportunity to stay there again. (I can't comment on room service as I had no need of it).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
SammyBasaran, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Dear Esmond C,

Thank you so very much for writing a beautiful review of our Hotel. My staff and I cannot completely express through words how much your response means to us. We are happy that your time spent in Montreal was enjoyable and you had a chance to experience the charm and beauty of this wonderful city. We are delighted to be recognized for the hard work we put in everyday to ensure our guests are completely satisfied. Your review gives us great encouragement to continue making our Hotel better and better. My staff and I read your review together and your words were greatly acknowledged. Please do contact me the next time you make a trip to Montreal as I would like to personally thank you for what you have shared.
We appreciate our guests here at the Quality Hotel Midtown and look forward to serving you better.

Best regards,