Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ron S

Montreal Hotel McGill University friendly.

Review of SENS Høtel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 25, 2024
Great location close to McGill University and special rates for McGill related stays. Great dinner in their restaurant. Used to be a Meridian Hotel. Hotel updates however have not been first class.
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Hyatt.com
    C$256
2.9 km from SENS Høtel
View more hotels in Montreal
All reviews room was large two blocks catherine street coffee maker old montreal sherbrooke renovation downtown canadian subway french
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2024 via mobile

Worst of the Worst. This is an horrendous hotel, don‘t even know where to begin. Upon checking in (45 minutes) I was finally given the key card to a room - which was occupied by other guest. The next day, another guest burst into my room (same problem) smashing the door and the lock in the process. Total incompetence at reception. Run a mile…

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DanielHope
Derek Lee, General Manager at SENS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2024

Thank you Mr. Hope for taking the time to review your journey with us. I am sincerely sorry our reception team dropped the ball and promise you this was way below our usual standard of service. We do have new associates that are still in development and I promise we will use your experience to better hone their skills to ensure this is not repeated. I hope you will grant us the opportunity to change your perspective of our hotel. If you do decide to visit us again, or would like to discuss your experience further; please reach out to me directly at dlee@sensmtlversailles.com.

Reviewed April 23, 2024

We stayed at Sens Hotel last week for a college tour. First prior to our arrival, Princella assisted us with our reservation which I had to change a couple of times. She was the most efficient and hospitable. Upon our arrival we were greeted with such friendliness we knew we would enjoy our stay. And we did! The room was beautiful and pristine. One of our favorite moment was to enjoy Geso Ristorante with the amazing talent of Chef Giovanni Maiolo at the end of a very hectic day and what more can we ask to finish the evening in his restaurant! Thank you to all and we look forward to visit very soon.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2024

I am extremely shocked by the service received at this hotel. The level of incompetence is beyond anything I have ever seen. Got there in the morning at 9:15 am, got my key, spend a few hours in my room until 1:00pm, went to my conference, came back to my room to rest for the night as I was leaving the next morning. Got to my room, used the key but the door wouldn't open. Went down to the reception to get another key and was told by the very arrogant receptionist that either I would pay for my room or I would have to leave. Told them that everywhere, you pay at the checkout not during your stay and that I found it strange to be told to pay in advance and specially after I had already checked in earlier in the day. The receptionist told me that I had no choice but to pay or leave (I might add that I was an invited speaker at a conference, so the reservation had been done by the conference organizers). I just didn't understand. Here I was in the middle of the night, thrown out of my hotel room because the receptionist decided that perhaps my skin colour could not afford a room. I knew racism existed but I had never experienced it at an hotel in Canada. I have no words; je suis tout simplement bouche bée!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Eugenia d

Thank you 698Eugeniad for taking the time to detail your experience with us. Again, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience that a grave miscommunication between shifts created during the stay. We will be using it as a teachable moment, especially to help develop some of our newer associates; ensuring his experience is never repeated.
I was sincerely relieved to hear that you have reached out to our Front Office Manager and look forward to the opportunity at changing your perspective of our property. We take great care to hire employees who genuinely care about people, on top of wanting to go above and beyond. We are sincerely sorry this was not your first experience with us.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you require anything further.

Reviewed April 16, 2024

The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable, which I appreciate very much. The fan (for the heater) is very loud. However, this was probably a positive for me, as I am a light sleeper, and was not woken up by outside noise. It helped that the fan didn't turn on and off, and that I was on the 11th floor. The rooms provide just enough room-- not small as European no frills hotels, but not super spacious.
My main concern with this hotel (and this is the second time I stayed) is that I don't think it's cleaned well enough. The floor in the room was probably not mopped, as I felt dust on my feet and could see debris along the walls and corners. I think more thorough dusting, mopping, and cleaning of bathroom countertops (not just a wipe), would instil more confidence in customers.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DeeDeeYouYou
Reviewed January 30, 2024 via mobile

The hotel is located sort of near the Bell Centre and has a subway entrance (green line) nearby for convenience of getting around. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The building needs some updating as the elevator ceiling panel has obvious debris and things that you can see through the panel. The hallways and exterior doors to the rooms had a fair bit of surface damage (scratches, dents, patch jobs, etc). The room itself was very cute and the bed was comfortable. It’s on a busy street but we didn’t hear anything from it during our stay. We did, however, hear every word from the person in the room next to ours. In our case, she was on speaker phone talking to people starting at 6 am and was still talking when we went to bed (usually around 11 pm) so that was a bit annoying. Further sound proofing of the room would be great.
There is valet parking which is convenient but the valet changes the mirrors, seating position, and steering wheel so be sure to take some time to readjust the car before you leave.

Room tip: To access the valet parking, park along the side of St Mathieu and take your key inside
Date of stay: January 2024