All reviews atwater metro station alexis nihon living room the penthouse top floor large balcony long stay free breakfast full kitchen two blocks an older building couple blocks underground parking breakfast room indoor pool comfortable stay close to downtown
Reviewed November 6, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay. The location is walking distance to the museums and McGill University. And front desk people will help you with any questions or concern. The parking is a bit limited, but we've used a parking lot in the University which is only a block away - safe parking and no issues whatsoever.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018

My wife and I just finished a month-long holiday in New York and Quebec City. As a treat to ourselves we decided to stay here at the Residence Inn Montreal Westmount for 4-nights to end our holiday on a high-note. We read the reviews and decided that we couldn't go wrong staying at a Marriotts. We booked months in advance direct through their website. We specifically asked for a room as high as we could. We booked a 1-bedroom suite with a kitchen.
We arrived early October this year. The receptionist was clearly a new intern who had no idea what she was doing, and in actual fact I felt sorry for her. Everything I asked she had to go out back to ask someone. Hardly inspiring. We were very disappointed to learn that our room was on the first floor (as low as you could go). I complained to the receptionist and asked for an upgrade. I was told no. Not possible I asked for a higher room, after asking her supervisor again the answer was No.
Our room was right above the air conditioning unit for the whole building and we got a whole lot of street noise. After getting very little sleep I complained to the duty manager next morning. I was told that the hotel had been booked out with a basketball tournament and there was no other rooms available but if we were prepared to tough it out for one more night we could get an upgrade for the 3rd and 4th night. The manager also indicated that we would be compensated for the inconvenience by way of a discounted room rate. I tried to book another hotel we were so desperate for a decent nights sleep but seemed everyone was here in town for this basketball thing going on. On day 3 they kept good their promise and shifted us to an identical room on the 6th floor, no hint of the promised upgrade. On checking out on the morning after day-4 my hotel account was all prepared and guess what. Full room rates, no discount as promised. I queried this but the man on the counter knew nothing about it. I had an Uber waiting and an early flight to New York to catch so to wait for the kind office lady to arrive was not possible. We left the hotel bitterly disappointed. The free breakfast was adequate and plenty, but with the basketball teams there days 1 & 2 the breakfast room was a zoo. Would I stay here again? Would I stay at a Marriotts again? I'd have to seriously think about that.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AlexandraR3313, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Montreal Westmount, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2018

Dear Ian-NewZealand,
Thank you for staying with us during you trip in North America and for sharing your comments about your last stay with us. At the Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount, we pride ourselves on delivering the best service for our customer and we are sincerely sorry your recent experience was not up to your expectations. As this was a very busy weekend in Montreal, we are sorry that we could not accommodate all your requests. We are happy to see that during your stay we were able to find another room so that the second half of your stay was a better experience for you. As the room type you booked is only located on the 2nd to 6th floor, we unfortunately did not have a room much higher to offer. However, all our rooms are equipped with full kitchens. Please rest assured that our top priority is our guest satisfaction and we do our best to ensure it for all our valued guests. Upon your request for an earlier breakfast on the day of your departure, we were more than happy to have our breakfast staff prepare you a little breakfast box to your room so that you can start your day on the right foot as you were leaving before our complimentary hot and cold buffet breakfast commenced. Once more, we would like to thank you very much for all your comments and we hope you had a safe trip back to New-Zealand.
Best Regards,
Alexandra Riva
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed October 27, 2018

The neighborhood was quiet but two blocks from a supermarket, metro and restaurants. The decor is dated, without a doubt. All staff was competent and eager to please their guests. The elevators looked new and were efficient. We had a one bedroom with balcony, which was nice for checking the weather before stepping out of the hotel. The apartment was clean without any smell (if it did smell, I got to think staff would change your room if requested). The bedroom was a little crowded with two double beds, but we were away from the elevator as requested. It was hard to avoid slamming the door of the apartment, no matter how careful I was. The WiFi worked and breakfasts were great. The laundry room prices were a little steep $2+ (CD) if I recall for soap, wash or dry, but I was happy it was there. This was probably the oldest Residence Inn we have stayed in, but even my very particular wife was satisfied and would stay here again. The hotel was in a Marriott tier that qualified for the annual free night stay on our Reward card, which was great given its prime location.

Reviewed October 23, 2018

We recently enjoyed a four-night stay and, although this is an older building, the refurbishments have provided very comfortable rooms. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite which was spacious, especially in the living room/kitchenette area. The bedroom was a little cramped but quite comfortable. The bathroom, although clean, needs some updating -- more counter space and new fixtures. The free buffet breakfast offered a decent selection of hot and cold foods and the attending staff were very cordial. A special thanks to all the front desk staff who were ever friendly and helpful -- you couldn't ask for better. The location is two blocks from the west end of St. Catherine Street, only a few minutes to a Metro station, and about a 20 minute walk to the Eaton Center. There are lots of shops, convenience stores, and a shopping mall in the immediate area.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2018

This hotel offers a very comfortable say in a relatively quiet area of downtown Montreal. Don't let the Westmount location fool you: this place is proximate to all sights downtown with quick access to the Metro as well.

Our check-in was friendly and efficient. All staff we dealt with were great. We were upgraded to a suite which had everything you would need: two rooms, kitchenette, small balcony, and a smallish bathroom (with some oldish fixtures). Everything worked fine and the room was quite comfortable (though it could use some more decor on the walls...).

Free breakfast is served here, which was above average with several hot and cold options and great service. An example of a small touch was adding green onions to scrambled eggs - not a big deal but shows some creativity. Wi-Fi is free and decent. There is a reasonable gym as well.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018