Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$106
PricelineUS$105
Expedia.comUS$105
Hotels.comUS$105
Orbitz.comUS$105
eDreamsUS$106
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 17, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here with our small dog and the hotel charged an initial dog clean-up fee of $100 when we registered. However, when we leaving they charged $1700 for replacing their carpet. How outrageous! The Marriott chain should be ashamed!!!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2019

Stayed there back in September and was charged TWICE for my stay. Also found an additional 2 charges on my bank statement. When I called to dispute the charges they refused to do anything to help. On top of that, the rooms felt cramped, I was rushed out of my room when it came time to leave, and I was forced to pay to park in their parking garage which was also small and tight to navigate and basically resembled a dungeon. Horrible! Horrible Hotel. They are much better options available!

Date of stay: September 2019
AlexandraR3313, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2019

Dear Supurcellproductions,
We would like to thank you for your comments and please rest assured that we do take this matter very seriously, As we see in your previous reservations, there were two separate reservations for two different dates. If you would like to contact us directly at the hotel, we would be more than happy to help you with it.
Best Regards,
The Management

Reviewed November 18, 2019

Great hotel if you are visiting any of the neighboring colleges. It located in what I would consider a very nice neighborhood of Montreal. Easy access to Centre Ville by Metro or cab/Uber.

I was in an upgraded room which was refurbished to normal Residence Inn standards. Small kitchenette which I didnt use, fridge was handy tho!

Breakfast was good, could use some more fresh fruit options. Bathroom was nicely updated, not luxurious but functional.

Downsides are there appear to only be 2 elevators, sometimes only 1 available. I dont think there are exhaust fans in the kitchens of the units, as cooking smells did seem a bit trapped in the hotel at times. Its a rather dull place I would say in general, if you like a grand hotel entrance and colors, this isn't your hotel.

Staff calls a cab if you'd like a taxi.

Rates for the weekend stay were excellent.

Overall 3.5-4 stars

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed October 30, 2019

Approximately, we have stayed here for at least more than 6-7 months. For the past 2 months plus, we actually enjoyed the stay more compared to the earlier stay. Plus point, we got the newly renovated room :-)

First of all, I feel so grateful that the management assigned the same lady (Natalia) for our room maintenance. She makes our stay complete. I am definitely not exaggerating my compliment to her. She is so attentive, friendly and detailed. As we are here for long stay, she knows exactly what to refill when the quantity is running low (e.g. salt, pepper, shampoo, dishwasher tablets etc) since we told her from day 1. We do not have to repeat everyday to ask for things like before. She makes our stay comfortable and clean. This has actually become our 2nd home and to be honest, we don't treat this as a hotel because each time we come back to the room, we are actually back to home. I don't think there is anyone who does not like to see someone like her that just smiles at you at all time. We feel very welcomed and warm.

Nowadays, we chose to make our own breakfast in the room and thus, I will not comment on the restaurant this time. Another big thanks will go to the reception staff especially Alex, Yasmine, Jean, Pamelia etc (sorry if I spelled your name wrongly). They are also the people who complete our stay. They are just very helpful, kind and friendly which do not make us hesitated to go to them whenever we need any help. Thumbs up to them.

One more suggestion to improve the room in future, if possible. We think that it will be great if the room comes with a safe box.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2019

Location:
The hotel is located in a residential neighborhood which means it's more quiet than being right downtown and we were able to find free street parking (read the signs properly - the front desk has instructions on how to read the very-confusing parking signs in Montreal so feel free to ask the front desk if you chose to park on the street). We took bixi bikes or walked everywhere we went - there's a metro stop a few blocks away as well if you need it, so you really don't need a car once you're there. There's also lots of shops and restaurant within 2 blocks.

Room: The room is outdated but clean and comfortable. It had a balcony (with no chairs) and a basic kitchen. We enjoyed the nice coffee machine and free bag of microwave popcorn. It was also nice to have a fridge to put our leftovers and keep our drinks cold.

The employees were always nice and helpful. There is a gym and a pool though we did not use them. They are located in the penthouse. It looked like people were enjoying them.

We stayed here as the room was over $100 cheaper than staying right downtown. For the price, I would definitely stay here again. Although basic, it provided a safe, clean room with everything we needed.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Anikabella
AlexandraR3313, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2019

Dear Anikabella,

We would like to start off by thanking you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are sadden to see that your stay was not the best of your expectations. You are correct in mentioning that the hotel is located in Westmount which is right by downtown in a quieter area. There is street parking with many restrictions, however we are happy you found a spot. We do help our guests by providing translations of the street signs so they can try and find a free spot as you did without getting a ticket. We are still in walking distance to many restaurants, shops and museums. Montreal is very well known as a walking or biking city as there are many bike paths that take you anywhere you need to go. As we are a Residence Inn brand hotel, all our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and are more spacious. We are currently going to be starting the second phase of renovations, therefore all carpets and washrooms in the guest rooms will be new. The rooms do have balconies, however for fire and safety regulations, we do not have any patio furniture on them. We would like to thank you for your kind words about the staff and the amenities we have to offer. Once more, thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Montreal!

Best Regards,