A la Carte Bed & Breakfast
US$166
US$145
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmonsieur petitminiature poodlewonderful hostsb bcrepeshome away from hometransit systemoff street parkingbus and metrohelped us planevery morningvisit montrealdvd playera wonderful staycommon areasjazz festivalyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We went to Montreal for a long weekend at the beginning of September. I made the lodging arrangements and chose 'A la Carte Bed & Breakfast' because of all the fantastic reviews. All of the good reviews were correct, this was an absolutely wonderful place to stay. My husband and I went with another couple so we stayed in the two bedroom apartment on the top floor. While we were driving to Montreal we joked about how deceiving hotel pictures can be in comparison to the reality. This certainly was not the case with the apartment, the pictures very accurately show the apartment. In fact it was more spacious then I had imagined. The apartment was very clean and comfortable, and included dishes, towels, soap, etc., nearly everything that you would need during your stay. There was a great private back deck that was a welcome retreat after a day of site seeing in Montreal. We were welcomed by Petra who gave us a through tour of the apartment, a map of the city, and advice on what to see and how to get around. She was very friendly and extremely helpful. The neighborhood around the bed and breakfast was nice and quiet; it was about a block away from a street with a supermarket, bakery, cafe, and several other shops, as well as a bus stop. It was very simple to get to the heart of the city by bus and then metro, and was about a 30 minute or less trip. We were able to park our car at the bed and breakfast and didn't have to use it again until it was time to leave.
Occasionally while we were sitting out on the apartment's back deck we were visited by the adorable Monsieur Petit; Daniel and Petra's friendly miniature poodle. He is the cutest dog I have ever met! As a parting gift Daniel and Petra gave us a cute magnet with Monsieur Petit's picture on it.
The only negative thing I could mention is that this is an older building and the beautiful old wood floors were very creaky when you walked through parts of the apartment. So if you are staying with light sleepers in the apartment this may wake them. It did not bother any of us, as we enjoyed the charm and character of the apartment. Everything else was superb and I would definitely stay here if I were to come back to Montreal. If anyone I know is going to Montreal I would insist that they stay here because I cannot image a more lovely place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NyCricket
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I visited Montreal with 2 friends, we rented the apartment which was very roomy. It had 2 bedrooms a living room, dining room, bathroom (w/ a tub) kitchen, plus a back porch sitting area!! I really enjoyed having my own room and being able to have coffee and tea on our private porch off the back. Our hosts, Petra, Daniel & Monsieur Petit, were wonderful - really took their time to make sure we knew the area and how to get around. It was an amazing city and one it'd like to see more of.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ztriptaker
Reviewed 3 September 2011

My partner and I recently spent three days getting to know Montreal with the expert help of Petra and Daniel. We thoroughly enjoyed the Mother Nature room, Daniel's fabulous breakfasts, and customized suggestions for our sightseeing itinerary complete with starter Metro tickets, "insider" information and restaurant options. Though a friend familiar with Montreal had supplied us with info about several "must do" restaurants in other parts of the city, we ended up selecting from the many options on nearby Rue Masson each evening and were thoroughly impressed. It was a delight to experience the neighborhood scene, strolling the street and previewing menus posted outside the restaurants before making our selection. Can't wait till we can return!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We are a young couple and we spent 2 nights in this B&B.
The hosts, Petra and Daniel are absolutely friendly and helpful: they spent a lot of time with us explaining how to move around Montreal and we also had some nice chats while having breakfast.
Monsieur Petit is the third host of the house; he's a lovely miniature poodle and he will great you on the door when you arrive and keep company while you eat.
The room was perfectly clean, it smelled pleasantly and we had a very nice and brand new bathroom.
Unfortunately we arrived in the late afternoon of the first day of our stay in Montreal and we left early on the third morning, so we had a very short time to spend there!
Maybe for a quick trip as ours the B&B location was not ideal (bus+subway is needed to reach the city center) but the place is very nice and the true Bed and Breakfast experience is assured by the sociability of the hosts!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelling_elisa
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed in SUITE JUILLARD. It was really nice and comforting. Daniel had a great DVD collection, which we made good use of when we had some down time.

The breakfast was great. My boyfriend especially liked the coffee. He said it was the best he had our whole trip, which is quite the compliment. Daniel and Petra made everything so relaxing. Daniel provided great breakfast coversation, and Petra took the time to sit down with us and let us know what to do in Montreal.

They also welcome you to use their kitchen. We brought wine back a couple of times, and stored drinks in the fridge.

It was also nicely located. You could walk to the store to pick up some wine and cheese, which was only about a block away. There were also several restaurants near and little shops.

We are dog lovers, and Monsieur Petit made the stay. He was always there to greet us upon our return to the B&B.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple