“Real home away from home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
A la Carte Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Quebec City
“Real home away from home!”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We (my husband, me and our 13 months old daughter) stayed in the appartment at A la carte BnB for 4 days last november. We were really pleased with our stay and we will surely be back next time we go to Montreal.

Plus:
location is great, near Masson street with small welcoming restaurants, grocery store, pharmacy, bakeries and public transportation. The commute downtown is simple and about 30 minutes (bus + subway). There is the botanic garden nearby with the olympic park wich must be great for family picnics or a little run in summer. The size of the appartment is huge, much more than we expected from the website. It's really nice looking and the heating floor in the kitchen is great in the morning! The appart is so big it would easily fit 2 couples with a few kids. The hosts are really welcoming, with great disponibility and their little dog, Mr Petit, is really sweet. There is also a good wifi access.

Minus:
very few and weak: the floor is really uneven, there were some trouble with the toilet (but the owner were about to fix it), and... it's about that!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank VivaLaPlaya!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 October 2011

My wife and I made our first visit to Montreal on a road trip from Connecticut. We are so glad that A la Carte B & B was the first place we stayed. Petra and Daniel are very friendly, generous hosts. They greeted us when we arrived at 7 PM and even gave us a glass of wine to welcome us. We loved our three nights here and were sad to leave. They are so nice and interesting to talk with, they make you feel like friends as much as guests.

The residential neighborhood is quiet, parking in the back, close to the Botanical Gardens. The location is great, and it was easy to get around Montreal by taking the local bus (which comes every 5 minutes) to the Metro. The breakfasts were delicious, the espresso was the best we had in Canada. The Mother Nature room was cozy, we slept well, the bath is large enough for two. Petra gave us an overview of the city, gave us good suggestions of place to visit and eat. If you like croissants, the best one we've ever had (chocolate/almond) at Copains D'Abord, a local cafe/bakery. Their dog Monsieur Petit is very friendly, cute, and non-allergenic.

When we go back to visit Montreal, this is our first choice of places to stay. It's that good.

1 Thank Sandor B
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Petra, Daniel and Monsieur Petit were fantastic hosts!! Every process was done kindly and professionally from calling for reservations/prices to checking out. My girlfriend and I are mid-twenties and our hosts were extremely easy to get along with and interesting to talk to the entire weekend (Friday to Monday morning).

They are more than happy to introduce you to A la Carte's modern interior equipped with a fantastic movie and music collection as well as the local area and the beautiful city of Montreal. Every morning starts off with authentic and delicious breakfast at whatever time you like between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Monsieur Petit (the miniature poodle) is one of the most loving little pooches we have ever met and his adorable antics are sure to entertain while you soak in the warm, welcoming atmosphere.

We would recommend it to anyone looking to enjoy Montreal's best and we are definitely looking forward to going back as soon as possible. If you are looking for an enjoyable time in Montreal and want to meet some great people chose this spot! Many thank yous to Petra, Daniel and M. Petit.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My wife and I landed in Montreal at different times. Daniel was at the airport waiting when each of us arrived. It felt like I was being picked up by an old friend. We chatted about everything from my flight to home repair on our way back to the B&B. Upon my arrival I was introduced to beautiful Petra the co-owner, and Monsieur the actual boss of the establishment. These three helped make our stay in Montreal memorable. I could carry on much longer about Daniel, Petra, and the loving Monsieur but this is a B & B review.
Our room and bathroom were very clean. The Queen bed was firm but not hard...just the way I like it. The shower had a "rain" head. Ahhhhh! We had a nice private sitting area in our room with a small TV. Of course, we also had use of the living room with books about Montreal, magazines, and a big TV. Daniel is a movie buff so he has a huge DVD selection that he makes available to guests.
Breakfasts were served on our time. They were wholesome and tasty. Daniel even asked us what we wanted. Now that's service! I ordered bacon for our 3rd morning because I wanted my pal Monsieur to be happy. Though I knew I shouldn't feed Monsieur any of my bacon, I simply couldn't resist those big brown eyes. Sorry Petra, I couldn't help myself!
Petra supplied all the maps we needed, recommended restaurants, and showed us which public transportation to use. She was a superb tour guide. In a superb city I might add.
A la Carte B & B is one of the best places we have ever stayed.

NY
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We went to Montreal for a long weekend at the beginning of September. I made the lodging arrangements and chose 'A la Carte Bed & Breakfast' because of all the fantastic reviews. All of the good reviews were correct, this was an absolutely wonderful place to stay. My husband and I went with another couple so we stayed in the two bedroom apartment on the top floor. While we were driving to Montreal we joked about how deceiving hotel pictures can be in comparison to the reality. This certainly was not the case with the apartment, the pictures very accurately show the apartment. In fact it was more spacious then I had imagined. The apartment was very clean and comfortable, and included dishes, towels, soap, etc., nearly everything that you would need during your stay. There was a great private back deck that was a welcome retreat after a day of site seeing in Montreal. We were welcomed by Petra who gave us a through tour of the apartment, a map of the city, and advice on what to see and how to get around. She was very friendly and extremely helpful. The neighborhood around the bed and breakfast was nice and quiet; it was about a block away from a street with a supermarket, bakery, cafe, and several other shops, as well as a bus stop. It was very simple to get to the heart of the city by bus and then metro, and was about a 30 minute or less trip. We were able to park our car at the bed and breakfast and didn't have to use it again until it was time to leave.
Occasionally while we were sitting out on the apartment's back deck we were visited by the adorable Monsieur Petit; Daniel and Petra's friendly miniature poodle. He is the cutest dog I have ever met! As a parting gift Daniel and Petra gave us a cute magnet with Monsieur Petit's picture on it.
The only negative thing I could mention is that this is an older building and the beautiful old wood floors were very creaky when you walked through parts of the apartment. So if you are staying with light sleepers in the apartment this may wake them. It did not bother any of us, as we enjoyed the charm and character of the apartment. Everything else was superb and I would definitely stay here if I were to come back to Montreal. If anyone I know is going to Montreal I would insist that they stay here because I cannot image a more lovely place.

2 Thank NyCricket
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I visited Montreal with 2 friends, we rented the apartment which was very roomy. It had 2 bedrooms a living room, dining room, bathroom (w/ a tub) kitchen, plus a back porch sitting area!! I really enjoyed having my own room and being able to have coffee and tea on our private porch off the back. Our hosts, Petra, Daniel & Monsieur Petit, were wonderful - really took their time to make sure we knew the area and how to get around. It was an amazing city and one it'd like to see more of.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ztriptaker
Coventry, CT
Reviewed 3 September 2011

My partner and I recently spent three days getting to know Montreal with the expert help of Petra and Daniel. We thoroughly enjoyed the Mother Nature room, Daniel's fabulous breakfasts, and customized suggestions for our sightseeing itinerary complete with starter Metro tickets, "insider" information and restaurant options. Though a friend familiar with Montreal had supplied us with info about several "must do" restaurants in other parts of the city, we ended up selecting from the many options on nearby Rue Masson each evening and were thoroughly impressed. It was a delight to experience the neighborhood scene, strolling the street and previewing menus posted outside the restaurants before making our selection. Can't wait till we can return!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple