“Anniversary dinner”
Review of Maison Boulud

Maison Boulud
Reserve with OpenTable
Maison Boulud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 6,370 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$21 - US$68
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: explore our extensive culinary master piece of a menu at Maison Boulud. Located inside the Ritz-Carlton, Montreal, our restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a weekend brunch.
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

The meal, the service and the ambiance were every bit as good as expected. It is a special venue and you are made to feel that way. It's not an inexpensive evening but the experience is worth it.

1  Thank Simon R

Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

Birthday brunch for my husband and what an experience! Our first time and everything was perfect! Marie-Christine and Guillaume were outstanding. We started with M-C suggestions their salmon signature dish, panzanella salad and our main course was Lamb ragout rigatoni and lobster brioche and ended with chocolate mousse and lemon eclair Delicious! Service was outstanding and Guillaume chose a perfect wine for us. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice and fancy resturent in Montreal downtown. Everything was very good. And for sure, you pay expensive for what you get. The food was very good with reasonable portions

1  Thank M_A_J311
Reviewed June 24, 2017

I had the tasting menu and it was one glorious dish after another. There are 6 courses not including the amuse bouche at the start which had a delicate flavour of sweet pea water and cucumber with scallop. There were two appetizers. One was a crab "maki" filled with only crab and no rice wrapped delicately with avocado. The other was a terrain de fois gras which had sweet accompaniments including maple sugar. Then there was a pasta dish which was out of this world. Spinach and ricotta I believe ravioli with a parmesan EMULSION believe it or not. The most soothing pasta dish I've ever had. It was beautiful to behold these wonderful little parcels in green with various edible green leaves. Then came the fish dish which was sea bass and artichoke. There are no words to describe how delectable this dish was. The sea bass was cooked to perfection and all the flavours that accompanied the fish were amazing. Really you MUST have this dish before you die!!! Then we asked if the meat dish could be the veal sweet breads which was on the menu that night. They checked and said sure but when the last entree came out it was squab wrapped in fried "potato noodles" (the squab looked like it was in a basket); rare filet mignon and more fois gras with miniature veggies. When the server realized we didn't get the sweetbreads she was very apologetic and told us to eat the squab dish and she would bring an extra plate of sweetbreads! They were fantastic, best I've ever had, large size, succulent and cooked to perfection. Tthis came with porcini mushrooms. The tasting menu was like a symphony with each dish building to the next until reaching a crescendo. My descriptions of the dishes do not explain the beauty; artistry and imagination that each dish represents. If this wasn't enough the entrees of this "Tasting menu" were more like full sized meals. I love to eat and have to say this is the first time I was saying that I had to stop. Thank goodness the dessert was very lilght with a light and creamy filling sitting on a thin thyme wafer accompanied by rhubarb; fruit and these pillows filled with a fluffy cream cheese type filling. IMPORTANT to know is that the pasta; fish and meat dish we had DID NOT appear on the menu that night (except for the sweetbreads which we asked for). So in my opinion we got a menu which was was super special and we for that reason it was worth every penny. By the way the ginger beer and apple non-alcoholic drink with fresh mint is also terrific.

2  Thank FooWoo
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Everything I tasted was delicious, and I was surprised by the generous portions. The service was very attentive, and the waiter was very good natured and knowledgeable about the menu - he knew what had been served the day before, and when my husband requested it, having seen the previous day's menu online, the waiter offered to make it happen and he did. If you can, sit in the garden or right next to the garden instead of the interior dining room. This is a good place for both visitors to Montreal and locals, for celebrations or business dinners.
There is free valet parking via the Ritz hotel.