“Big WOW”
Review of Maison Boulud

Maison Boulud
Reserve with OpenTable
Maison Boulud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 6,484 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$21 - US$67
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: explore our extensive culinary master piece of a menu at Maison Boulud. Located inside the Ritz-Carlton, Montreal, our restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a weekend brunch.
Reviewed February 14, 2018

It was my forst time eating at la maison boulud and i'm seriously in love.
Nothing more needs to be said...

No. Seriously. It is probably the best restaurant in montreal. I'm not afraid to say it. The decor is simply spectacular and fancy. Even the chairs are massive and confortable. Service is personal, cordial, attentionate and perfectly executed. Standards are very high and impeccable.

My entrée was a plate of guinea hen filled cavatellini pasta that were so tasteful. The bouillon had so much flavor I wanted to drink it by itself forever. I have some decency in public so I took a bread to get the very last drops of it but it was that good.

Next was the beef tenderloin with potatoes, spinach, bone marrow and bordelaise sauce which seemed quite simple at first but it was the best, most tender and perfectly cooked tenderloin I have ever eaten. After talking with some of staff we were told that there was never any plate returned for unprecise cooking and I have no problem believing it. We were 14 people and every single dish was impeccable.

To finish on another good note. We had a plate of cheese with curé-hébert and aged comté. I was full and ate the whole thing like my life depended on it.

I will wait with impatience and pleasure for the moment I can return to maison boulud.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed February 5, 2018

It's the 4th time we eat at Maison Boulud and we got to try the Tasting Menu this time. We did not ask for its composition as we wanted to be surprised by the Chef's creativity, and it was divine.
Each plate was visually stunning and delicious, the seasoning was on point, even for someone like me who's used to add salt everywhere, the températures were perfect and the service, as usual, was professional yet very warm and friendly.
I keep recommanding this place and advise people to be open minded and trusting of the Chef's ideas...we always have a delightful time. And we can't wait for our 5th visit!

Reviewed January 29, 2018

Four of us had dinner in mid January ,outside temp being minus 24 C, what warm greeting from the staff and good food to follow. Six course dinner.The fregola pasta was excellent as well the crudo and the Vitelli. The dore fish was nicely prepared and presented. The other main dishes of lamb and filet mignon were well commented on.
The chocolate dessert called mas den Blei was rich and heavenly. The cappuccino was aromatic and good.
The atmosphere of the main dining room was beautiful and relaxing.
The staff of a restaurant of this class were respectful ,friendly and helpful in contrast to the snooty staff that we had often encountered in much less known places in this city.

Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner at MB beginning with the warm welcome throughout the phenomenal meal right to the pleasant “bon soir”’s. We both chose the 4-course Dinner Menu and it was perfect. While I was tempted to add the Sardines as a starter, I was so full without it I’m glad I didn’t. One of us started with the Vitello Tonnato and the other the Fois Gras. Both were just amazing, perfectly seasoned and the right portion size. We both enjoyed the next cours as well: a wonderful pasta dish with clams and red peppers. Our entrees were a fantastic lamb “ribeye” the other was the monkfish. Again outstanding. Somehow we managed to also finish the Chocolate Coulant, a decadent molten chocolate treat to die for. Really superlative all around.

Our server Kamlim (so?) made the evening even better. Her friendly smile, great conversation, knowledgeable service and upbeat attitude created such a comfortable and welcoming environment and a perfect experience. When we return to Montréal Maison Boulud will definitely be a return visit!

1  Thank Russell G
Reviewed January 22, 2018

We had diner at Maison Boulud, while staying at the Ritz. The restaurant has a nice cozy and welcoming atmosphere. The food is excellent from the taste to the presentation, like a work of art. We had the tasting menu with the wine pairing. We were not dissapointed. Susfice to say we were not hungry or thirsty after our meal. The location was great, in downtown Montreal in the Ritz Hotel. Service was impeckable and friendly.

2  Thank Randyjoh