“Good food but a bit too pricy!”
Review of Maison Boulud

Maison Boulud
Reserve with OpenTable
Maison Boulud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 6,225 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$22 - US$70
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: explore our extensive culinary master piece of a menu at Maison Boulud. Located inside the Ritz-Carlton, Montreal, our restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a weekend brunch.
Reviewed July 7, 2018

Maison Boulud is well-known in the area, located in the Ritz Hotel, a definite five star if you wish to try the experience. For us, it was a first visit at this restaurant. We thought of going during lunch time as it can be quite expensive for dinner time. We had excellent food, no doubt about that, but I feel it is a bit overpriced for what you get. You could always choose to take à la carte, but in the end, you would pay an approximate 30$ for each starter or more for a meal, excluding tax and service. So, opting for the two or three service option they offer is better so that you can save on individual plates. We did expect to pay a bit more than in any casual restaurant. But, spending an 80$ for a salad and a croissant, no drink, is not quite what I would have expected for a lunch. That being noted, I am still happy to have given this restaurant a try and it was fun to experience it with my friends for this short visit to Montreal.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

We hadn’t returned to the restaurant since the renovations at The Ritz. Waiting so long was a mistake. The setting is simple, modern and comfortable. The food was wonderful. My wife had the gnocchi...they were so tender and tasty. I had the risi et bisi, which was delicious. Everything was wonderful at all levels. The service was efficient and professional. The six of us had a very enjoyable evening here.

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Maison Boulud is one of my favorite places in Montreal. I’ve come here in different occasions with family, friends, and visitors to the city. I took my parents out for my father’s birthday and father’s day this past weekend, and as always - it did not disappoint! The service, atmosphere, and food are incredible. From the moment you enter Maison Boulud, you embark on a culinary experience!

Try to make reservations beforehand in order to sit in the garden!

1  Thank Nofar_88
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Great name but not that great of a service... the pasta with black truffle is great and so are the gnocchi’s with lobster... but service was not top notch and it should be... priced are high, so more quality is expected... Secla wine from Margaux is great!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

This is a beautiful restaurant with a great chef. We had the tasting menu with win pairings and all was excellent. We liked the foie gras and the lobster salad. Last course was quite a surprise, breast of pigeon! Regional specialities all done well. When in Montreal we will return.

1  Thank lneufeldpa