Lowest prices for your stay
C$731
New York City, New York

Solid Stay in Downtown Montreal

Review of W Montreal
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 6, 2023
This was our first stay at a W, and it was quite an interesting experience. We had booked with a prepaid rate, but prices came down pretty drastically closer to our stay which was unfortunate. The club-like vibe is clearly targeted towards younger travelers, which is a matter of taste - it was extremely loud in the lobby in the evenings during our weekend stay.

Our Fabulous room was very nice and spacious (though it was notably still going for a cheaper rate than we had paid). We were able to check-in early which was appreciated, but our room was setup for another guest who was apparently there for a conference - we only had amenities for one person instead of two. However, the bathtub took FOREVER to fill - after half an hour it was still not at a reasonable depth.

Breakfast for Platinum+ members included a main and a drink - these were generous portions and quite tasty. However, a huge issue is that service here was EXTREMELY slow - the restaurant wasn't at capacity so I think it was a staffing issue.

The concierge contacted us a few days ahead of our stay to ask if we had any special requests. I asked if there was a piano at the property - while they did not have one, the concierges went out of their way to contact another hotel to arrange for me to practice on our second day in Montreal, which was very thoughtful. Although I would have appreciated if this was done before we arrived, I appreciated that they went above and beyond for our request.

Breakfast was incorrectly charged to our folio at check-out. While not quite as nice of a stay as at other luxury hotels, it was more fun at a good pricepoint.
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    C$255
1.5 km from W Montreal
View more hotels in Montreal
1,629 results
All reviews wow suite square victoria modern hotel old port concierge mireille valet westin canada
Selected filters
Reviewed November 17, 2023 via mobile

It is very average. With patchy service. A worn down hotel.

Good things: Downtown location. Clean. Room had a good view. Comfortable bed.

Bad things: at times bad service, for example on 2 days there was limited breakfast due to staffing issues. There was no one to serve any one in the restaurant. At the bar one night there was a large reserved section that wouldn’t take any guests and I was directed to another part of the bar area around a corner that had no one serving anyone. Then the doormen spent most of the time talking amongst themselves and not greeting or helping anyone that I saw. The lifts were worn and slow and had stained floors. The gym was really average. The room design seemed out of the 90s and the bathroom fan was really noisey.

Avoid if you can. Not a great experience.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2023

Front desk, concierge, bell staff were the upgrade to our stay. From arrival, to help with dinner recommendations, to guidance with a medical issue, the professional staff at W Montreal were professional and wonderfully helpful.

Date of stay: October 2023
Reviewed October 17, 2023

My partner and I stayed at the W for a week during the Thanksgiving holiday. We stayed at the W while we researched venues and bands for our wedding next fall.

I stopped by the front desk to get some help finding a potential Welcome Drinks venue for our guests arriving the night before our wedding. The concierge (Zachari) was phenomenal. While I simply asked for a few ideas, he made it his mission to go out of his way to help me - not just suggesting some options, but actually calling them to check for their availability, capacity constraints, and cost. He then connected me with a venue that fit what we were looking for, and we're likely going to book it! This was incredibly helpful, because I don't speak french and most of the venues were french-first language.

Zach went above and beyond to help us, and I can't thank him enough!

Date of stay: October 2023
Reviewed September 18, 2023

My husband and I celebrated our 1st anniversary here over the weekend and were very impressed with the care from the W team and the beautiful amenity in our room! Mauricio Villalobos, in particular, was a complete rockstar and our trip wouldn't have been half as great if it weren't for him: he got us reservations in some of the coolest cocktail lounges and bars and was always willing to help make sure we were having the best time (thanks so much Mauricio!) He also made sure we went to the right restaurants. The bell/door staff over the weekend (9/16-9/18) were some of the most polite and attentive staff I have seen in awhile (and I come from a hotel background). The only thing we would have liked to see was more towel hangers in the bathroom. Also important to note is that this hotel is perfectly centrally located to walk to some of the best restaurants and bars. Look forward to seeing you all again and thanks for a fantastic stay :)

Date of stay: September 2023
Reviewed August 6, 2023

As a frequent traveler, my expectations are always high. It always amazes me how one person on staff at a hotel can totally make your trip!

The front door men, especially Glo made my whole business trip, everyday as I would come and go he would remember me and engage in real conversations with me, always remembering small details. It became the highlight of my travel days in Montreal.

One person does make the difference!

Date of stay: July 2023