“Bed Bugs”

Hotel 7 Saisons
Hotel 7 Saisons
Ranked #137 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 25 January 2011

I am totally scarred by my experience here. When I told the woman at the front desk there were bed bugs she basically told me they knew about them but could care less. It is a budget motel after all. I am yet to spend the night in ANY hotel since this experience. I am totally creeped out......and I used to live in Africa so I know what it is like to live with bugs!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank KinnaLuap

Reviewed 26 November 2010

My boyfriend and I decided to book this hotel off of Hotwire (first mistake?) and based on the website and some reviews we decided this sounded like a fun little hotel near a lot of places we wanted to go. It is in a convenient location. Check in was fine, I signed our check in sheet and we dropped off our stuff in our rooms. (FYI, no elevators for those who can't climb lots of stairs or are handicapped.) The walls are super thin, so you can hear everything (like the neighbor's loud TV and fights with a girl at 2am). The room was dingy and STANK of smoke (so did the entire hotel). The pictures on the website must be ancient, since the hotel looks like it was partially renovated, but no one bothered to finish. We slept poorly, not because the beds were bad but because as an asthmatic I had trouble breathing and our neighbors slammed doors and one guy screamed at some poor girl at 2 am. Thankfully because the smoke was old, our clothes didn't smell when we left.

We checked out the next morning (after being passed around to 5 people when I called hotwire) and are only paying for the night we stayed (instead of the 3 we booked). We skipped breakfast because it didn't look good when we checked in the morning before and there was a consumptive girl coughing over it as we left. This hotel is pretty cheap and you're getting what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ejene
Reviewed 24 November 2010

I just came back from a weekend in Montreal with my husband and friends. All of us stayed at the hotel. On Sunday morning I noticed red spots on my stomach and 3 days later my arms and stomach were itching.
Nobody else (there were 6 of us) has anything, so I'm the 'lucky' one!
The hotel is definitely cheap and close to the old town and subway.
But I am not coming back there ever again because this itching is not fun. And I sure hope I didn't bring any of the bugs back home.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank asafarova
Reviewed 24 September 2010

A nice old period property with a lovely balcony, nice helpful staff and within good walking distance of the sights of montreal a little gem, for the price :-)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2010

To a trip from NY, a friend recommended this place. Good Price, the people who work there are really nice. Your 10min from all the action and you save. Our room had a cool fireplace that has from the original architecture, had charm.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Felt taken care of,, Very good location with walking ditance to Montreal's summer festivals.
Clean place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Badly greeted. Maintenance should be improved, and aggressive receptionist when asking for a better room.

Last place I would go to, even if it were free :(

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business