“Meh....”

Price range: US$4 - US$40
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Portuguese, Canadian, Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Mediterranean Style Comfort Food. Unpretentious and relaxed atmosphere. Wine, Champagne, Oysters, Cocktails and good Food.
Reviewed 30 June 2017

I don't understand how this place gets rated 5 stars by many reviewers!??!! There was nothing 5 stars about any of the dishes I sampled, nor was the service stellar. Except for some Portuguese beer and wine, to say this restaurant has anything on the menu resembling authentic Portuguese cuisine, even nouvelle Portuguese cuisine is a real stretch of the imagination.

My fish was burnt on one side-- this was not supposed to be blackened catfish, so, not enjoyable eating at all. Other dishes were not enjoyable either. Squid was grossly undercooked and slightly slimy. Dessert was heavy and disappointing too.

The restaurant was mostly empty, save for myself and a couple of friends, during the whole dinner service, which was telling and a not so good sign.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Very good food, not too pricey, beautiful presentation and excellent service. The noise level was a little high for dining conversation, even though the restaurant was not jam-packed the evening we went. I'd go back.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 8 May 2017

This place is absolutely lovely. Our amazing waitress recommended the cod (their signature dish) and the bison steak. I had the cod, my friend had the bison steak. My friend - who absolutely never finishes a meal - cleaned her plate. I even licked my plate. Both dishes were exceptional. I will come back here every single time I visit Montreal.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Attended this resto for first time tonight with 13 friends to celebrate a bday. They make good cocktails. Appetizers were nice portions and very tasty. Myself and the person directly in front of me found hair in our main meals. Actually I had 3 in mine. After returning the plated the owner came over to ask what type of hair we found and how long they were???? He NEVER apologized, and I totally get this can happen but as an owner all he had to do was apologize and bring us another meal. We waited for a half hour before the waitress came to take the dessert orders. I said nobody ever came cackle with our 2 mains!!! We opted to have a salad instead as it was late already and didn't want to wait any longer. When we were given our bills we were told the main HAIRY meals were not charged. YA NO KIDDING. I never even got to eat it.
The owners very poor attitude was totally unprofessional. Would never go back and do not recommend it.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We visited on a Sunday and enjoyed the brunch menu. The quality of the food is excellent. Friendly and fast service.