“Just got lucky”

Ranked #64 of 6,372 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Looked for a restaurant walking distance from our hotel and picked this one. So glad we did! Shared the fois gras to start and it was delicious, the duck entree was amazing and light and flavorful- loved it. Dessert with the praline ice cream was also shareable though I wanted it all to myself! Great service, nice ambiance, highly recommend

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Loved the space and food was delicious! The servers were very friendly and attentive. Highlight recommend any pasta dish!

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

We chose this restaurant as one for our girls weekend, highly rated. Service is 3 stars, food 2. My friends shared the Rotissiere which was a whole Sea bass for 2, for $72. It came cold, with no rice or vegetables. When we commented it was cold they heated it up, not what you expect for that price. I had the lobster risotto which was nice.

The server gave us a glass of free wine when the fish took too long to cook (?) and a free dessert for the 3 of us to share. Clearly he was trying to make us for the poor quality of the very expensive dish. Certainly not the experience described in the other ratings.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

Was here for a large business dinner, so we had a limited menu. That said - I chose some winners! I started with their beet, fig and goat cheese salad, delish. Then the salmon, piled high with greens and slow cooked. And finished with the tiramisu - which normally, I'm not a fan, and I almost was lured by the promise of 'maple' apple something - we were in Canada after all. But the waiter convinced me that I would not be disappointed by the chocolate on the Tiramisu and he was RIGHT. Shaved dark French chocolate on top of soaked lady fingers, with a shot of espresso poured on top. holy cats it was good. Atmosphere was cool. Wine list decent. Give it a try!

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Le serpent was a wonderful place to enjoy dinner! While the menu was small, the overings were so diverse that everyone found something that they liked! The Gnocci was delightful! Definitely worth a visit when in Montréal!