“Best Value in Montreal”

Ranked #26 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Boston
“Best Value in Montreal”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My partner and I have stayed at the Hotel Dauphin twice in 2011. It is by far the berst value in Montreal next to the convention center and one block from Old Montreal. Access to the metro, restaurants and downtown shopping is cl.ose bye. The hotel is newly constructed/renovated and the rooms are quite large and well appointed. A varied continental breakfast is included. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Ingleside, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have stayed here twice. First in 2009 and again in 2011. I first found it through Google Map while trying to find hotels by the Palais de Congres. Most of the other hotels close by were sold out but this one wasn't and the price was pretty decent. I also brought along a friend and we split the difference. At the time, there was also a computer in the room but I see that they discontinued that and just offer free wi-fi now. Too bad I don't have a laptop. Anyway, second time I stayed here was last minute. I only needed to stay for one night and didn't even need to look up other hotels. I had loved this hotel from my previous stay. The breakfast is free and great too. I also luv the alarm clock they added built in with an iPod docking station. Next time, I will bring my iPod with me. In the end, this is a small quaint hotel located right by the Palais de Congres and Chinatown. I didn't go explore anywhere else in Montreal but it's probably close to the port and Old Montreal too.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank MelMuff
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

we spent a night here on our way from Toronto to Eastern Township.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Robertville, New Brunswick
Reviewed 19 February 2012

It was my first trip at this hotel and I loved it. Very nice location, could walk for shopping malls and restaurants. Would go back anytime and the staff was very friendly too.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Hudson Heights Qc
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Outstanding value and quality. The best hotel I have experienced in Montreal. We live in the Montreal area, and sometimes stay overnight downtown if we have an early morning appointment. We have stayed in many of the major hotels, but this was the best and probably the least expensive ($107 + taxes for room with King bed - we booked on line). The room is amazing - very much like those I have experienced in Scandinavia, but substantiallly bigger. Hardwood floors, sitting area with sofa and loveseat, two flatscreen TVs, electric window blinds, modern and spacious bathroom with heated stone floors, bath and separate shower. Computer in room , free Wifi that my laptop connected to immediately - no need for codes, Included continental breakfast with eggs. Pleasant and helpful staff. Parking underground was $20 extra - in the Palais de Congress, but only 25 meter walk from Palais to the hotel. This is the best value in Montreal. and a great location for tourists. 100% recommend

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor - no noise at all
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnwhnsn
Scarborough
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Great stay,great location,very clean and modern rooms will visit again next time in Montreal close to everything! Fridge,safe and desk top computer in room.
adequate breakfast-cereal,hb-eggs,bagels,toast,coffee,tea,juice,apples,bananas.yogurt,cheese.

Room Tip: No bathtub,but great slate shower area and heated slate floors.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple