“Quiet Hotel in Convenient Location”

Hotel Dauphin Montreal Downtown
Ranked #33 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
San Diego, California
“Quiet Hotel in Convenient Location”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I wanted a hotel close to the US Consulate, looked at maps and chose this one due to rating on here. Only 2 blocks from Consulate so matched my criteria but also a great location for old town and restaurants. Next to Convention Centre so ideal location if you are attending an event there. Also surprised at how quiet it was once in the room, no banging of doors and other noises you normally hear in a hotel.

Good price for location and facilities - breakfast included.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel--it is in a FABULOUS LOCATION - WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE to EVERYTHING in the Montreal area! Literally down the street from Old Montreal /Old Port! The hotel is quiet,clean and contemporary--wood floors, flat screen tv, free wifi and computer! The bathrooms are ultra modern and have heated tile floors! The view from our room was very nice! The hotel also offers a free basic complimentary breakfast---coffee,muffins, yogurt, fruit, etc. it wasn't great, but it served the purpose! Their parking garage is small and limited, but there is plenty of parking at the convention center right next door. The hotel is so close to everything, that we didn't use our car at all!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BossLady425
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I liked this hotel. I was surprised to see how quiet it was, we felt like we were the only ones in the hotel. The room was big, clean and modern. A continental breakfast was included, and there again we were the only ones there. Good location, close to everything.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gucci85
Phila Suburbs
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend and we were extremely pleased. The rooms were large, modern, and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. As an added bonus every room has its own computer with free WiFi which was invaluable for us as we didn't bring a laptop. The hotel is situated perfectly for walking around Vieux Montreal, and access to other areas of the city is very easy via the Place d'Armes Metro stop which is right nearby. A 3-day Metro pass gets you unlimited rides on both the Metro and the buses for only $16 per person. We highly recommend the Hotel Dauphin and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My partner and I have stayed at the Hotel Dauphin twice in 2011. It is by far the berst value in Montreal next to the convention center and one block from Old Montreal. Access to the metro, restaurants and downtown shopping is cl.ose bye. The hotel is newly constructed/renovated and the rooms are quite large and well appointed. A varied continental breakfast is included. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Ingleside, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have stayed here twice. First in 2009 and again in 2011. I first found it through Google Map while trying to find hotels by the Palais de Congres. Most of the other hotels close by were sold out but this one wasn't and the price was pretty decent. I also brought along a friend and we split the difference. At the time, there was also a computer in the room but I see that they discontinued that and just offer free wi-fi now. Too bad I don't have a laptop. Anyway, second time I stayed here was last minute. I only needed to stay for one night and didn't even need to look up other hotels. I had loved this hotel from my previous stay. The breakfast is free and great too. I also luv the alarm clock they added built in with an iPod docking station. Next time, I will bring my iPod with me. In the end, this is a small quaint hotel located right by the Palais de Congres and Chinatown. I didn't go explore anywhere else in Montreal but it's probably close to the port and Old Montreal too.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo