All reviews sangria night gay village toilet paper enjoyed my stay great city visiting montreal subway station dorm lock downtown laundry
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and me recently stayed here for three nights and we loved the place. It is close to a metro station (about 5 minutes walk). The staff were friendly and helpful, and they always provided activities and suggestions of places to visit. The facilities were good and the place was clean enough. The rooms are fine, though we weren't in them for long. Overall, a great place to stay, which is close to the city centre and old Montreal.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2016

I wasn't sure what to expect as I had never stayed at a hostel before - I just knew Alexandrie was cheaper than some of the other ones that I looked up before coming. It was a place to stay and we weren't expecting it to be much.

My 2 friends and I stayed in a basic 8 bunk dorm room so the showers and washrooms were downstairs in the basement. We were given a fitted sheet, top sheet, and pillow case which was more than enough because it was so humid/hot outside that the inside was also humid. There's no air conditioning (A/C) at the hostel, so I guess if you took a mini portable fan with you, that would help.
Everything was clean and my mattress was pretty comfy for a bunk! At the end, we put the sheets and stuff in a laundry basket outside the room.

There are also lockers to lock up your stuff in the rooms.

Breakfast was toast, coffee or juice, fruit cup style fruit, and I think cereal was an option as well. The common area is pretty quiet in the morning (breakfast being served 8:15-10:15am) while the night time it may be loud til about midnight. There are some couches and board games, and a video game player of some sort. There are fridges to put your labelled food in as well.

If we had stayed longer, I'm sure we have done some of the community activities that were happening at night.

Parking was hard - not a lot of spaces on Rue Robin, where you should park. There's a section just for residents between 9am and 11pm, so be careful not to park there!

Not far from Rue St. Catherine and St. Laurent which I recommend checking out!

Room Tip: If you care about people coming in at weird hours or turning on the light, you are better off with a private room.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2016

This place has a great vibe. Very comfortable bed, clean soft sheets. Very friendly people. I loved being able to store and cook food there if I wanted to. I was there for 3 nights but I'd enjoy staying for a longer stretch next time.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2016

The staff here are super helpful and friendly, really went out of their ways to make my stay perfect. good and clean facilities, nice location close to greyhound station. really recommend this place!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank William123456
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Alexandrie for five nights. The hostel has a great atmosphere with friendly and helpful staff willing to give you tips and advice on where to go and what to do. The rooms are comfortable and the common room is always buzzing with people, reading, chatting or playing Super Mario Cart! I would definitely stay here again :)

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends