All reviewssangria nightgay villagetoilet paperenjoyed my staygreat cityvisiting montrealsubway stationdormlockdowntownlaundry
Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

I was there for 3 nights. I like the style but in the rooms there is not hot water, only warm and don't have electric connections at the top beds. Wifi is not in all bedrooms. For good connection you must stay in the lobby. Not bad, just for few days. Nice staff.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Carlos F
Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

We really liked this place and would definitely come back if in Montreal. Has clean and tidy rooms and a good common area for socialising!
Breakfast is basic but good and plenty of it for you that like a good feed first thing!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stewart D
Reviewed August 19, 2016

This was one of 4 hostels I stayed at while on my trip in Canada. It was also my third hostel ever. I would say that if you are a college student, who wants to party and stay up late and really doesn't mind terrible amenities then this is the place for you. However, if you are like me, and you are in the city to explore it and you want to go to bed at a reasonable hour this is not the place to stay.

I was in a 8 person mixed dorm off the main floor. It was very loud past 11, and there were no quiet hours posted for the main floor. The bathrooms seemed like something out of a horror film. The doors were always open so it didn't feel completely safe, and the "walls" of the shower stalls were just curtains you had to clip together. I also traveled in August, and there was NO AC anywhere. The room was very warm and quite smelly. I also found when I arrived that my pillow had been taken as the person who left the bed before me found a BLOOD stain on the pillow. Apparently no one had taken the time to deal with that prior to it being brought to the main desk.

I am also a breakfast person, I understand that hostels offer very basic breakfasts, but this one was not on point. Toast and jam does not make for a great breakfast. If you do stay here, there is a wonderful crepe place around the corner I would highly recommend- it's "En Couleur".

HOWEVER- It was a great location, and the front desk was very helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room in the upstairs, they have quiet hours up there and non-scary bathrooms
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank RBumz
Reviewed August 17, 2016

I have never written a negative review so I will try and be as nice as possible here. I pitched up to Montreal very early in the morning and so already a little disorientated I was looking forward to going to a nice place to stay... Luckily they did let me in earlier than the 4pm check in to dump my bags but it was very dark and felt damp in the large common room... The fridges were very moist and all the food was piled high with wafts of mould coming from them. I quickly left my bag to explore the city and while doing so used the free wifi in the shopping centre to find a new place! Luckily the hostel allowed me to do this so I switched to one up the road called the Gite de parc lafontaine (review to come!) and was much happier. The room at Alexandrie was very basic and I even had to change because the window flew off! The shower was okay but had to have the curtain to prevent it all going on the floor. For me, this hostel was too crowded, too dirty and too dark! Made even worse by the over night power cut (granted this wasn't the hostels fault) breakfast is included and was toast and canned fruit. I'm sorry but I will not be coming back!

Room Tip: At least upgrade yourself to a private room if possible...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank mckenzie16
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and me recently stayed here for three nights and we loved the place. It is close to a metro station (about 5 minutes walk). The staff were friendly and helpful, and they always provided activities and suggestions of places to visit. The facilities were good and the place was clean enough. The rooms are fine, though we weren't in them for long. Overall, a great place to stay, which is close to the city centre and old Montreal.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple