All reviewssangria nightgay villagetoilet paperenjoyed my staygreat cityvisiting montrealsubway stationdormlockdowntownlaundry
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Great hostel with familial atmosphere! It was very nice cooking together with people from all over the world. Alexandre did a awesome job as Mr. Nightlife. Beautiful and cozy vibe. The Hostel was always clean. I will come here again when I'm back in Montreal.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jasper K
Reviewed November 8, 2017

I spent one night here. The staff were great, giving me all sorts of good advice on places to see. The area was also cool, with a great brewpub nearby where you can enjoy good beer and people watch (if you're so inclined). The little suite with private rooms was great, too!

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed September 14, 2017

I highly recommend this hostel, the staff is super friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is fun and relaxed and the location is perfect; the main metro station is right by the corner and it's only a 15 minutes walk to the historic center.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 14, 2017

I really had the best experience in this Hostel, its clean, friendly, close to everything!!!
The staff is the best, they make u feel like u are their family or ur best friend, they have so many activities and if they don't, believe me, that they will come up with something every day or night, they even have free walking tours, isnt this amazing?! where do u get that???
The only thing I will suggest is that even though if u are a backpacker traveler please try and tip the staff they really work hard to help and make all travelers happy it's always nice to show appreciation, not just with a thank u,(unless u really can't).
This was my best time in Montreal I really thank all the staff for making this trip the best one I have made to that city.
Finally, i strongly recommend the place with my eyes closed!!! whatever little thing u are uncomfortable or bothers u or u disagree with believe me it hurt after excellent way u are treated in that place, just tell the staff ur concerns. U GUYS ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST,THANKS AGAIN FOR A GREAT TIME!!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2017

It was a nice hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. However, it was a very old building with a weird structure. It seemed like an old big house.

Shower curtains were very old, they need to put a bulkhead cause water flooded into the bathroom... Besides, my WiFi didn't work properly.

Respect to the meal, they just offer breakfast (it has nothing special). I would appreciate that they have had lunch and dinner services...

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Luc P, Owner at Alexandrie Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

Thanks for your remarks. We thinking about having lunch and dinner, for winter, because during summer we like to go out. Our building is very secure because in concrete but because concrete is difficult to go through some corridor look like labyrinthe. We hope we see you again.