See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 5, 2008

I booked this "hotel" for 8 nights via HRS because it looked really nice on the pictures and the location in the middle of the quartier latin was just great. When I read the other reviews I was a bit irritated, because most of them were really bad (while the rest was extremely positive - I am still wondering about this huge contrast). I was optimistic though, believing that such things like getting no room, having to move to another hotel etc. would not happen to me.
When I arrived there I was first very pleased: the location is indeed perfect, the young guy, presenting himself as the manager was friendly and WOW - I really got my room which was also very nice. But this positive impression changed quite soon when the guy told me I would have to move for the last 3 nights to another hotel (Glamor Hotel) "right around the corner", also "very very nice". I was too tired and too happy that I got a room at all that I agreed.

The next day I walked through the city, passing a small building which caught my attention. I thought "Is this a bordel??" and then I realized - oh no! It is the hotel I am supposed to move in for my last 3 nights (by the was not at all "around the corner")!?! I then checked the reviews for this hotel on the internet and they were so bad as well. Thus, I went to the guy telling him I would not go there and eventually ended up in a bed and breakfast hotel around the corner which I spotted out myself.

I should have booked the B&B Hotel right from the start, the rooms were indeed not as nice, but the way they treat you in the "VIP" Hotel is more than awful. Plus the included breakfast is actually quasi non-existing (only a dry shrinkwrapped croissant on a paperplate).
So if you want to have a trouble-free stay in Montreal and be sure the Hotel you booked is the one you get, please do not book this one! I am really not a person wishing other people bad things but I do hope that this bloody hotel and it's disastrous "manager" is going bankrupt soon and not ruining other peoples holidays anymore!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Janita11
Reviewed July 17, 2008

There's better places out there.
The price was great but next time I'd pay more and stay elsewhere.
We stayed at this hotel during the Just for Laughs festival. It's very centrally located and in a fun neighbourhood. However not the cleanest hotel around. Although it wasn't dirty, it could have been cleaner. Also no working air conditioning. When we asked at the front desk we were told it was working, as he's sitting in his office with the window open and sweating buckets. Needless to say we spent five sweaty night there.
I'd pass on this place and find something else.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fille555
Reviewed June 20, 2008

We booked a room through Travelocity, and when we showed up... THERE WAS NO BUILDING AT THAT ADDRESS!!! It jumped from 1093 to 1103 St. Denis...

So no big deal, just call the hotel. We call the number that's listed with them and with Travelocity, and... it goes to a cell phone. That's turned off. With no voicemail.

We wandered around for 20 minutes trying to find the place, asking at other places, talking to people on the street, but no one had any idea where this place was.

It was midnight, we were tired, and no one could help us. We ended up booking at a Hilton around the corner - more expensive, but at least you could find the building, and they answered the phone.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nometa
Reviewed June 10, 2008

This is a great little hotel right in the centre of the Latin Quarter. St Denis Street is right there with all its great bars and restaurants. Berri Metro station is a 5 minute walk. The room was charming, and very old-world. Queensize bed was very comfortable (the pullout didn't look quite as comfortable). The manager was most helpful and spoke good English. We didn't have a car, and there didn't seem to be any obvious parking - probably have to find a private lot. There's a good 24-hour cafe opposite. A great hotel in a great location!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2008

After a long trip I arrived to this "hotel", i had checked my reservation the day before travelling but surprise! They couldn't find my reservation and they sent to another hotel, Le Glamour...very bad experience. The websites of both hotels deceive the customers, the rooms are nothing to do with the reality. I tried to find an explanation at Vip Loft the day after and the person in charge couldn't stop laughing at me. He said that they have several kinds of Suites, but if you click the Suite option as I did, the features are terrace, jacuzzi, plasm screen...but i found myself sleeping in a sad and dark bedroom with big holes in the door and in the walls and with the owner mad at me because he couldn't understand why i was complaining. The situation was ridiculous and i wrote an official complain at the tourist office. I hope everyody could do the same, because if the have several complainings maybe the can do something serious about it. I could check that most of the people at Glamour Hotel was in the same situation: a real nightmare. The Ower threatened me saying that he was going to ruin my business too yelling as crazy...unbelievable and unadmisible.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank biliar