All reviews croissants berri uqam metro station gay quarter place dupuis room was clean gave us a map hardwood floors location is excellent third floor old port min walk visit montreal roc canada printer
Reviewed October 12, 2017

I recently stayed at Le Simone and was warmly welcomed by Roc who was charming and helpful, and asked if I needed any advice on anything I planned to do while in Montreal.

Room was fine, I had a two night stay, and there was a quaint little breakfast room in the mornings, which offered tea, coffee, croissants, toast, yoghurts and juice. On top of that, there was the offer of eggs, French toast, or pancakes cooked to order. I much prefer to stay in these kind of places, as opposed to the big corporate places, as you get the personal touch, and get to actually meet real people!

Location was fine, a couple of blocks from where the airport shuttle dropped me, close to the bus station and subway, and if you like to use your legs like me, an ideal location to explore on foot. I would happily stay here again, should I every visit the Montreal area.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2017

we had a good stay at this sweet little...old B&B. Roc was a friendly host. He checked us in quickly and gave us a map of the region. The breakfast was really well done... eggs anyway you like...fresh croissants and good coffee...you could choose to eat in the dinning room, beautiful sunny outdoor patio or in the kitchen with the cook.
the accommodation could use a bit of an update...knowing this is a 140 year old building their will be a few issues...a little bit of paint wold help spruce things up, new towels and sheets would be a nice touch. The shower in our room had good pressure and temp...but the water ran out from under the shower door. Roc should put up a little tile to prevent this.
recommend this B&B...location is close to university and old port.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petra F
Reviewed July 16, 2017

The property is a rambling set of buildings which in itself is rather charming but a little tlc would not go amiss. A lick of paint here and there would be good too. It was a little noisy the first night (saturday) but then was fairly reasonable. The actual street the B&B is on is charming but the street near by may make some people feel a little out of their comfort zone. Somewhat bohemian feel. It served its purpose but I suspect there are nicer places to try.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank SabineI7
Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at this intimate bed and breakfast for about 8 years consecutively. It is reasonable, the staff are pleasant, breakfast is good and the location is very convenient. The owner Roc has always remembered us and made us feel welcome. This is my go-to place to stay in Montreal. The rooms are modern and warm with hardwood floors and brick walls. Do yourself a favour and book your stay here.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2017

This is yet another example of how some hotel owners are much better at managing their online rating & social media than running an actual hotel, let alone a B&B. They know that a decent breakfast, more often then not, lets them get away with the less glorious details. Like, for instance, mouldy showers, noisy neighbours, rather tiny rooms with slanted floors and so on. The TV was not working, I did not bother asking the front desk to fix it. It was a good idea because I figured later that there was nobody. Guests are pretty much left on their own after 8PM.
All in all I was not impressed. I can't help but notice that there is a substantial gap between what is described on TA and the reality.

Date of stay: December 2016