“One of the best spots for a special occasion ”
Review of Europea

Europea
Reserve with OpenTable
Europea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 6,372 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Sainte Catherine
Transit: Metro Peel on the green line
Description: Restaurant Europea has become an essential spot on Montreal scene, a gastronomic "rendez-vous" rich in colour and flavour. Flattered by all the gourmet critics, you will share an outstanding experience offered by the creative and modern cuisine of Chef Jerome ferrer and his 22 chefs team. (named chef of the year, restaurant of the year, "maitre cuisinier de France" An unforgetable moment in a charming Victorian mansion in the heart of downtown Montreal ...When the cuisine becomes an art!
Reviewed January 23, 2016 via mobile

The menu is so creative and a real feast for all the senses. The wait staff is super friendly and helpful. It is a special treat and everything bears a special touch. From the several appetizers to the desserts, no one else does is as memorable. My favorite is the cotton candy at the end, though I love the smokey book and other surprises. Great wine selection !

Gaetan S, 1st Maitre D' at Europea, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2016

Dear Kimbo991,

With more than 137 reviews on TripAdivisor, we are honored to read your last comment on your Dinner experience last December. I am specially satisfied that you liked Cotton Candy at the end of your meal. It is your childhood memories which raise up.

Sincerely Yours,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,751)

Reviewed January 21, 2016

My wife and I dined at Europea in early January for a special celebration. We are local Montreal residents and have frequented many many restaurants in Montreal, but never Europea so now was the time.

There is much hype and many recommendations that follow this restaurant from both locals and tourists but the truth is in my eyes it fell short. I expected to be “wow’ed” but in reality as some others have also commented it seemed more like a production line than real fine dining. We both opted for the 12 course tasting menu, which in reality is far too much food so if you plan to go that route bring your appetite. For a fine dining restaurant you expect a certain level of service, which is there, but when you see all tables receiving the same magic box that blows smoke, the same cotton candy tree, the same cheese plate, the same “specialities” from the kitchen, it takes away how truly special it is supposed to be. Given the relative small size of each floor of the restaurant you can’t help but notice these things, especially if seated in the open by the staircase. Kudos goes to the runners who run the food from the basement to the top floor all night.

Am I glad I went, yes sure, I’m glad I finally got to experience it. Would I rush back? No. Would I be disappointed if I never went back in my lifetime? No. If you are not a foodie and haven’t been to a lot of nice restaurants then this place is for you because it will be a first time experience. If your used to dinning out at nice places, nothing they do will really give you that big wow factor. Overall the food was good and well executed, I enjoyed my meal, but not at their price point or for the image they are trying to portray.

3  Thank Wicked04
Gaetan S, 1er Maître d'Hôtel at Europea, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2016

Dear Wicked04,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor after your last experience. I do regret to learn that your experience was not up to your expectations.
I am sorry that the quality of our restaurant did not meet your expectations and truly hope to be able to regain your trust.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our restaurant anytime.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2016

My girlfriend and I both had the lunch menu which ended up taking 2+ hours. The waiter was very attentive and his explanation of the dish was thorough. Europa is an experience you must try. I was especially impressed by the way the food was served and displayed. The only caveat is my girlfriend is on a dairy free diet. A lot of the dishes and dessert were heavy on the dairy products. The wait staff was very attentive and accommodating to her requirements, but it did limit the menu options.

Jean T, Restaurant Manager at Europea, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2016

Dear polishrifle,

Thank you very much for your visit in January and thank you for have chosen our restaurant during the lunch time. For me is the best lunch value in town. You can compare but you will be very surprise by the food quality, our custom-made service and the final price. Try once and I'm sure you will be back.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2016 via mobile

One of the best service you'll have. The waiter was very attentive and his explanation of the dish was thorough. We had the tasting menu. It is an experience you must try. I was especially impressed by the way the food was served and displayed.

Reviewed January 15, 2016

First time at this restaurant. Business Luncheon. It was truly a unique dining experience. I would say whimsical, fun, great presentations and impecable service that I have not seen in quite a while. The food was simply amazing. Definitely a wow factor and worth a visit.