“Exquisite dining with magnificent food preparation”
Review of Europea

Europea
Reserve with OpenTable
Europea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 5,947 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Sainte Catherine
Transit: Metro Peel on the green line
Description: Restaurant Europea has become an essential spot on Montreal scene, a gastronomic "rendez-vous" rich in colour and flavour. Flattered by all the gourmet critics, you will share an outstanding experience offered by the creative and modern cuisine of Chef Jerome ferrer and his 22 chefs team. (named chef of the year, restaurant of the year, "maitre cuisinier de France" An unforgetable moment in a charming Victorian mansion in the heart of downtown Montreal ...When the cuisine becomes an art!
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We went there yesterday as part of Montreal a table.

During the event restaurants offer a special flat fee diner for you to try out the restaurant.

Last week we tried Laloux (see my previous review) and we were mentally prepared to having something that might not be up to par considering there’s a lot of people (restaurant is full and they do 2 services) but Europea is worth Jerome Ferrer world’s renown reputation and awards.

From the get go you are taken charge of, we had a 7 course meal and I took the premium wine meal pairing where I got to tastes exqusite wines along with fancy and so tasty food.

The food portions are small european style, so be aware if you are in for a big meal, but the 7 courses filled us up so much we couldn’t finishe the desert! But no worries at Europea everything is thought of including a small cute lunch box to bring any desert taht can’t go in.

Everything is beautiful and so tasty. If you visit Montreal, it’s a must.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,542)

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

An outstanding restaurant with a lot of small rooms so you never feel crowded, and always relaxed and comfortable. And very nice subtle decor. But the real treat is the food. It is outstanding. Make sure to have the tasting menu, with or without wine pairing. You will be amazed and your taste buds excited. Every course beautifully presented, perfectly cooked, and
Absolutely delicious. Excellent extremely professional staff. A very special treat!

JeanTauhiro, Maitre de Maison at Europea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear StanMtl,

Thank you so much for your visit and for your nice review. Always pleasant to feel than the full experience was a success, food and service wise.

You live very close to the restaurant so I'm sure we will see you again.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Europea was an experience to remember. My husband and I enjoy fine dining and Europea was an awesome experience. We did the surprise tasting menue. Service was friendly and the waiters seemed to be always at your needs. I would like to share some of the experience but I would not want to ruin your surprises. My husband and I still share the great menue choices and how it was presented. We would highly recommend and we will be going back. We visited and had an enjoyable meal.

Dear Charlene K,

Thank you very much to share your feedback about your last Dinner at the restaurant Europea. I know than not everybody will have the chance to come back a second time but the team will be honored to welcome you again. Don't forget to make a reservation in advance.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

We managed to get a last minute table tonight and enjoyed an outstanding meal.

The amuse bouchée were plentiful and absolute taste delights.

I had the foie gras appetizer followed by the veal baked in clay. They were delicious.

Dessert was an array of tasty treats.

This dinner compares with the best we have enjoyed in our travels. The value was unbelievable- $216 including a good Medoc, taxes in.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

This was the best dinner I think I have EVER had. The experience, the presentation, the attention to detail and the fabulous flavors were to die for!!! I was expecting a lovely dining experience, and what I received was and experience I will never forget. The Manager Oliver has the most fabulous chef and AMAZING waitstaff!! Our Server, Sacha,
was so friendly, nice and extremely knowledgeable Everyone has a smile on and no one was too busy to help each other. It was an expensive dinner, but worth every penny. All the extra little details made it unbelievably wonderful Best Birthday Dinner!!! Thank you Sacha!!! We will definitely come back!
We ordered the prix fixe dinner on the back of the menu. It was wonderful!