“Lovely lunch post market visit”
Review of Casa Cacciatore

Casa Cacciatore
Ranked #950 of 6,132 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

After visiting the Marché Jean Talon, my wife and I were looking for a casual sit-down lunch. Although we both noted the dated interior, we were greeted very warmly and some good recommendations made ordering easy. A couple of warm complimentary amuse gueules and glasses of very honest house wine, we both had very nice meals, and honestly some of the best desserts (tiramisu to die for). Great service and a warm, although dated interior- definitely will return!

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

My family and I have been eating at Casa Cacciatore since 80's. The food is authentic Italian food. The decor is just original and the service is great.
The food is prepared by two chefs that are always there to please.
It's location is in little Italy which makes it all so perfect.
I would not believe the negative reviews. Try it and you will not be disappointed .

5*quality food, service , decor and location.

1  Thank ItalCatia
Reviewed October 24, 2016

Not special what so ever. Asked us if we were ready to order at least 5 times within the first 10 minutes we were there. The bread is all crusty and awful, they interrupted us 20 times to refill our glasses non-stop. Food was edible, but not incredible what so ever.

Reviewed October 13, 2016

Great food but bad service (bad waiters are a staple all around Montreal) they mostly share hideous attitude.

We had a good Caesar Salad, great pomodoro pasta and lamb. Which was really delicious.

But...

Our water actually asked my friend that speaks french from France, if he spoke french. And I quote: Oh sogrry I thought you spoke french...so uptight. I wanted to slap him give him zero tip after that but we were late. We already gave him a tip. I just laughed at him and told him he needed to switch that attitude.

Food was ok, but all of it was overshadowed by this poor service experience.

1  Thank Raúl S
Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

We were in the market and figured we'd have an early dinner - found good reviews here and figured we'd try.
We ordered a pasta dish each, and that turned out to be a mistake because the portion sizes were HUGE!!! We should've done the proper Italian meal where we'd get an appetizer, pasta, and meat dish to share - I wish the waiter would have warned us when he took the order! We had a pasta almafitrina, bolognese, and console - all excellent and delicious. My husband ordered a house red and it was a great house wine and good deal.
Will come back to try different things :)

1  Thank Winnie T