“A wonderful dining experience - highly recommended.”

Campari Centro Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 5,710 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$15 - US$36
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: L Campari Centro is located on de la Montagne street in the heart of downtown Montreal, just two minutes walk from the Bell Centre. Il Campari Centro offers diners an elegant decor and delicious Northern Italian cuisine artistically prepared and presented. Il Campari Centro also boasts an extensive wine list. Specialty: veal scallop.
Hartford, CT
“A wonderful dining experience - highly recommended.”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We at dinner at Il Campari Centro on the "spur of the moment". Despite not having a reservation, we were seated outside on the terrasse.

Service was phenomenal. The waiters were friendly, attentive, and helpful in providing suggestions for both food and wine.

The food was fantastic. I ordered Salsiccia della Casa to start, and it was perfect homemade sausage accompanied by a great salad. For my main meal, I ordered the veal al marsala. It was some of the most tender veal I had ever eaten, and could be cut just with a fork! It was a meal to enjoy.

Having had such a great meal, I finished off with some parmesan cheese brought from the kitchen, thoughtfully garnished with a few walnuts and blueberries.

Overall, we received a lovely meal for a very reasonable price. I would not hesitate to return to Il Campari Centro upon a future visit to Montreal and will be telling all my friends to visit should they be in the area.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Richard_CT

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“An excellent choice!”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

On a recent trip to Montreal, my husband and I ate at this restaurant and had a wonderful time. It was my first time eating at this particular place but my husband had been several times and knew I would love it. The food and service were outstanding. We were seated immediately (despite the fact that a hockey game was going on right across the street at the Bell Centre) and all of our needs were attended to promptly. We both had homemade pasta and it was just so tasty and authentic. Also we ordered calamari and salads which were both amazing. I finished with an after-dinner coffee that was the perfect end to the meal. I loved the atmosphere, which was elegant but lively. The owner spoke to us and had an active role in the operations, which is always a good sign. I cannot wait to come back!

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank vivace21
Montreal, Canada
“Wow, what a great restaurant!”
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We went to eat there before going to see a show at the bell Center. The food was excellent. I took veal and my husband pick up the surf and turf. My veal was so tender and so tasty! My husband told me that his meat, melt in his mounth and the scampie was also amasing. The restaurant is 2 minutes walking distance from the bell center. It provide a free parking and you can leave the car when you go see the show wich is great! The waiter were very nice and they suggest us a nice bottle of wine that come from private import !

2 Thank johanne40
Quebec
“Best Italian Food !!!!”
Reviewed 29 September 2010

The Food and the service is amazing !!!!
Iv'e been there several times !!!!!
Walking distance to the bell center so it's great when there is an event there to go eat before!!!!
There is a beautiful terrasse in the front !!!
The wine list is spectacular !!!
Take a look at the web site : bar-resto.com/campari for the menu and picture of the resto.

2 Thank Sweety9
MARKHAM
“Lost and Found after 20 years”
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We were regulars at this restaurant's uptown predecessor for almost a decade. We moved from Montreal in 1991 and that venue closed. We thought that Il Campari was a memory of the past. On a recent trip to Montreal we happened to see the Campari Centro logo which was very similar to the one that we remembered. Imagine our surprise when we recognized the patron on entering, and he immediately recognized us as well. The food was as great as we remembered, even better. Time had not dulled the kitchen or the atmosphere. The pasta is excellent, the veal is tender and infused with flavor. The cuisine is as close as you can get to Italy without actually being there. The service was attentive and friendly, even exuberant. Now that we know where it is, Campari Centro will be one of our regular haunts when in Montreal.

6 Thank GeorgeFMarkhamON