“Tasty Dinner in Beautiful Surroundings”
Review of Khyber Pass

Khyber Pass
Ranked #122 of 6,250 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Afghani
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: The restaurant Khyber Pass proposes to you an unforgettable trip in Afghanistan. Typically decorated, this restaurant offers plentiful scented and aromatized traditional meals to you. The cook, a true Afghan mom, makes sure that the whole is never spiced too much! Dessert Entries, you will learn many things on the culture of Afghanistan because the waiters are in majority of Afghan origin. Even if Lamb is the specialty, the diversified menu has something to please you all. Come and discover a different cuisine which will surely charm you and let you be transported in a country which only waits to be discovered for its richness!
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Khyber Pass is a very cosy restaurant that gives you the sensation of being in a cave...with stunning carpets and tapestries. Your meal begins with a thick bread and 3 complimentary dipping sauces. I would have preferred a thinner bread like Pita and the bread itself wasn’t great....though the sauces were interesting.

I had the vegetarian plate that was delicious and my friends enjoyed the filet mignon brochettes and the meatballs in tomato sauce. Each plate came with a very large portion of tri-coloured rice and salad. I would have preferred to have had a second salad and much less rice.....but ate the whole portion of rice as did my friends. Though not inexpensive, it was very tasty. Friendly service. A very different atmosphere. And BYOB to boot. I would go back!

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Small and pleasant restaurant. Very good meals.
Better to do reservation because not many places.
Good service and you may carry our wine (you will save a small fortune...hihi).

Reviewed December 29, 2017

Referred here by front-desk worker at our hotel. What a wonderful surprise. Excellent food. I especially loved the red-lentil soup. I hope to get back here soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

This was our second time here. The last was a few years back and I was happy that the quality of food was still great. We all ordered the lamb shank and were very happy with our choice.

It was quite busy, so service was a tad slow, but the food was worth it.

This is a bring your own wine place. Fortunately, the SAQ is just a block away.

We will like visit again in the future.

Reviewed November 15, 2017

The food was delicious and the service is excellent. The ambience is great, very romantic and beautiful. You can bring your own wine too.