“Love It ! Must see...Go To l'avenue ”

Restaurant L'Avenue
Ranked #12 of 5,925 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Known for its lavish dishes and friendly staff, restaurant L’Avenue is hands down the go-to spot for early breakfasts and brunches that draw out until late afternoon!
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of visiting this restaurant for the most creative menu selection ! Lunch or brunch it's a must do in Montreal !
Having had the pleasure of trying various items on their menu- there is nothing bad to say except the wait. You will wait. It's worth the wait. Sometimes the line up is an hour long but trust me you will not be disappointed. Coffee is hot and delicious, the menu is so creative and the service is friendly and quick !
Definitely a must do !

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely staff, smiling n welcoming though touch communication in English but they made it happen. Perfect food!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I was glad so many of the Trip Advisor reviews we read about this place suggested to go early. We arrived about 8:20 a.m. on a day the restaurant opened at 8 a.m. and it was already about a third full. By 8:45 a.m. there wasn't a free table to be seen. When we left around 9:45 a.m., the lineup was about 20 people deep. And when we passed by the next day on our way to the Metro station -- on a weekend -- the line was half a block long. So - definitely go early! But if you have to wait, know that it's worth it. The service is extremely good. Very attentive, kind and patient servers. And the good news? THEY HAVE ENGLISH MENUS! I was surprised because all of the reviews I had read said there were only French menus, but they've had English versions for a year. It is robust to say the least -- with one entire page devoted to eggs benny. Please, whatever you do, order something with the 8-hour beer-cooked ham. IT IS SO FREAKING GOOD. We upgraded a benny with black forest ham to this ham and it was certainly worth the extra 50 cents they charged to do so. We also had the Indecisive Breakfast with the carrot cake pancake. HOLY CRAP, that was good. Like eating actual cake for breakfast! Be sure to order the Montreal bagel as your bread choice because, when in Rome. My kids shared a fruit smoothie, which they split evenly between two tall glasses (more than enough for each kid), and then they each had their own eggs and bacon platters, which they devoured. The bathroom is amazing. Go even if you don't have to pee...very cool. Take your camera.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I had seen the long line ups in front of this restaurant on weekends and assumed that it was one of those "we are too popular to care about service" type places but I was pleasantly surprised when I had breakfast on a recent Friday morning when I was in town.

I received a very friendly welcome from one of the servers when I came in (whose name I did not note unfortunately) and my waitress Sarah was fantastic. Friendly, warm, topped up my coffee (and my ketchup!) without me having to ask and I noticed she was like that with all of her tables.

All of the staff I was in contact that morning were great and eating there was a fun experience.

The menu featured all of the classics but also had many original choices too which was fun as it is nice to get off the beaten track a bit (keep in mind when ordering that portions tend to be big).

The decor is fun too so take a look around on the walls/ceilings as well as in the bathrooms (very cool).

All in all, good food, very friendly service, cool decor. Now I understand why there are those long line ups.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We stood in line for about 45 minutes and it was worth every minute of it. We were wondering if it would live up to the hype and it way exceeded our expectations.

The food is amazing. I had the Californian omlette and my companions had the eggs benedict varieties and we all loved it. We also ordered a french toast to share. My word! It was to die for.

I asked to Tabasco and they brought us a huge selection. The waitress was very nice and attentive and on top of things.

I would definitely go back.