“Avoid!”

La Maree
Ranked #4,322 of 6,244 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Service was poor! Also both lobsters had obviously been frozen for some time and were without taste or appearance. There were only two other couples inside the restaurant and they were also unhappy with their meals and service.. Felt a tip was not warranted and was followed out the restaurant by the waitress who was demanding a tip!

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

The location of this restaurant is responsible for its popularity. My wife ordered steak and fries. Her steak was tasty and cooked as requested but came with no vegetables of sauces. I ordered a pepper steak, which again was cooked as requested, and came with a thin mash and unremarkable pepper sauce, a piece of red pepper and a piece of broccoli. Although the staff were pleasant, the service was slow disorganised and we waited almost thirty minutes for our drinks to arrive. All in all a pretty average meal.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

This is the worst place we have been to in Montreal. After waiting for more then 90 minutes without food and an hungry baby, we left without eating.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

This was the only restaurant we went to in Montreal without knowing anything about it but we liked the outside patio. The food was as good or better than any of the other places in which we ate in Montreal. We both had salmon that had a great lemon sauce. Also a good Manhattan. Price is competitive with all the other places for dinner--at least I felt that way.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Let me get this straight frist: I was literally born and raised in the catering business,I know by own experience over more then three decades,about the hard labour in it,thus I truely abhor writing bad reviews.Not this time though.First thing that alarmed me:the waitress tried to raise the bill suggesting the most expensive variety on cesar salad first.Next a salad was served,soaked in garlic,that was far from a cesar except for the industrial croutons.I suggest the chef to look up the original recipe on a sunny,bright day.I ordred moules mariniere.These were the worst mussels I ever tasted.Now,one must understand that a chef depends on the delivery,so quality in size,texture and so on can change a bit.But with mussels,the broth should ALLWAYS taste well.Helas, it was a sour,dull concoction that could never be obtained with fresh seafood.My eldest daughter got a quite big chunk of salmon,that tasted like nothing.My youngest a tortellini in a too small portion which was not particularly good but at least edible and my wife a linguini au fruits de mer,which she said was rather good,thus I gave a second star to be fair.Someone must be.My wife also says I usually give too much fee.Not this time.