“Highly recommend”

Ranked #87 of 6,223 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: Le Jardin Nelson est ferme pour la saison hivernale. Nous serons de retour mi-avril, des que la temperature le permet. Jardin Nelson is closed for the winter season. We will be back mid-April, weather permitting.
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

We had a late lunch, early dinner at the delightful establishment. Everything was wonderful from the waiter, the food, the sangria, the atmosphere and the entertainment. There was a lovely gluten free menu. I had a shrimp salad plate that was listed as an appetizer, along with a cabrese salad both of which were delicious and more than adequate for a meal. We were not rushed in the slightest and were able to relax and enjoy the outstanding vocalist and the charming garden atmosphere. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,416)

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

Phenomenal lunch experience here on our day touring Old Montreal. Having live jazz music performed while we enjoyed the open-air style restaurant, surrounded by lush flora and fauna, overlaid with chirping birds all around, it was incredible. And the food was delicious, definitely recommend the tuna poke, it was some of the best I’ve had. Service was also top notch. Don’t miss this place if you’re in the area.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

This is in a heavy tourist area. Generally that doesn't bode well for good food. That was not the case this time around. We went for lunch and it was very crowded, but we were seated right away. Our server was very patient with all of our questions. I ordered the Crepe Canard. It was awesome! The drinks were very good. I would highly recommend this place. After a good amount time walking in the heat it was a refreshing lunch!

Reviewed July 16, 2018

My wife and I stopped in at Jardin Nelson for lunch and man are we glad we did! We had the bruschetta which was very good, the bread seemed to be homemade. I ordered the Mac and Cheese with Lobster which was literally life changing! My wife had the ribs which she said were also fantastic. The food was excellent,m the service was excellent, even the prices although slightly elevated were definitely livable. I have to say though, as good as the food was the highlight of the meal were probably our drinks. My wife ordered the peach sangria and I ordered the Moscow mule. Both of us agreed, they were the best we'd ever had. So much so the next day we returned after lunch just to order another sangria and Moscow mule. I absolutely would recommend Jardin Nelson for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Our family expected a bit more from our recent visit to Jardin Nelson. While we were seated in the back patio and enjoyed the beautiful setting, bountiful flowers, engaging music, we found our meals lackluster. The tuna poke salad was so-so, as were the crepes. I expected to be wowed. I was not.