“Delicious food, attentive service”
Review of Chez Delmo

Chez Delmo
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Delmo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 5,993 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$32 - US$64
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: corner St-Jean
Transit: Square Victoria Metro Station
Description: Classic fish & seafood in an elegant and friendly environment.
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had an early dinner at Chez Delmo this evening. I had the moules et frites and my wife the lobster. Both dishes were very flavourful and the portions were generous. We also enjoyed our desserts (fondant au chocolat and dark chocolate mousse).

However, there is one thing we didn't appreciate. The person who received us at the door told us that we had to order soon and that we be done by 8:30 pm. There were 2 tables sitting when we arrived and the place was far from full when we were finished. At the prices we paid for our dinner, it wasn't necessary to rush us. That said, our server attended well to us and made good suggestions.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

They specialize in fish, but everything we had was delicious. Also a venue where celebrities may drop in, although it isn't super high end by Montreal standards.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I have been going to Delmo for 30 years and was never disappointed. The food is well prepared and served with all the attention it deserves. Specialty are Dover Sole, and the restaurant is renown for its Clam Chowder and famous Tomato soup. We were served by Fabia who brought a special touch to the experience. A must in Montréal.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

This was one of those situations where you don't really know what you have signed up for until you arrive at the restaurant. This is a fine dining establishment (guess I should have read the Tripadvisor reviews a little more carefully) that has a long rich tradition in Vieux Montreal. My wife and I were in Montreal for the Jazz Festival and we did not dress for a fine dining establishment. With that being said we were not made to feel like we will philistines for wearing shorts (we were wearing colored shirts though) so I give the restaurant a lot of credit for that.

We ordered the shrimp cocktail as an appetizer, my wife had the seafood poutine and I had the grilled scallops. These were probably the best scallops I have had in a long time. Before the entree we had two small cups of warm tomato soup. This soup was the best thing we had to eat during our entire trip (and that is really saying something). As if the amazing food was not enough the service was impeccable (it really can't be beat).

As an added bonus Patrick Stewart came in for dinner just before we left. He sat behind us and did his best to look innocuous.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We booked this restaurant at the last minute in a Friday night when we arrived in Montreal. What a treat!! My husband and I really enjoyed our meal in a cozy booth by the window. The shrimp cocktail was some of the best shrimp I have ever had. The halibut entree was equally fantastic. My husband enjoyed the crab cake appetizer and he also loved the halibut entree. The service was excellent and soooo not rushed (actually this is something we experienced the entire time we were in Montreal). I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you enjoy seafood.