“Pub grub in Montreal ”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Had calamari to start, very tender with very delicious dips, then had the hefty hurly I believe it was called. It’s a burger, fully loaded. Burger was very juicy, fries were fresh and crispy. All with a Guinness, and great service. For a pub, they done really well!!

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Before we visited Montreal we did our best to seek out a pub that showed GAA. We made contact with a lot of Irish pubs and they either didn’t show Irish sports or didn’t reply back.
Hurley’s replied and kept us up to date ensuring us they would be showing the Cork v Limerick game which we had huge interest in. Even the day before the game I sent a message to confirm and I got a prompt reply saying all was still good.
At 10am last Sunday morning we called into Hurley’s to watch the game. We were greeted by a really friendly Sligo girl and watched the game with the Irish locals. Not the result we wanted in the game but still a very enjoyable morning.
The beer is very reasonably priced and the atmosphere is excellent.
Over all a great experience and I would like to thank who ever replied to our messages and ensured we got to see the match.
Well done Hurley’s.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

I go to Montreal 3-4 times a year and I heard about this place from Toronto friends. Great location, in the middle of the city's hoppin', youthful bar and restaurant zone. You'll either like that or hate it. I went a few times on the last visit, the first was just to sip a stout and hear the band. The second time was for good and I have the Murphy Burger. They're required by the city to cook all their burgers well-done so I can't fault them. Instead I applaud them for all the stuff they put on this burger to make up for this---try it yourself. Same good vibe, friendly bar staff. I'm going back when I return because of the location, the friendliness, the Guinness (better than in USA).

Reviewed June 23, 2018

Went to Harley's on the way home and a really good band was playing. The pub itself was well presented with lots of seating and friendly staff. Drink prices were reasonable and there is an outdoor area. The bar itself is one of 2or 3 other bars which are connected in an innovative way. Well worth a visit.

b_hurleyofhip, Owner at Hurley's Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2018

Thank you Gary, hope to see you again soon!
Bill Hurley

Reviewed June 15, 2018

Called in for drinks here. Staff friendly and welcoming. Had hoped to return but never got chance, sadly.