“Must Try!!”

Kinka Izakaya Montreal
Ranked #323 of 6,457 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: An Izakaya is a Japanese-style pub and what we strive for at KINKA IZAKAYA is an authentic Izakaya with great food and drinks in a unique atmosphere. Our goal is to serve each and every one of our guests happiness as they experience a "truly authentic Japan".
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

This was a fun and exceptionally delicious dinner with my cousin. We sat at the bar and ordered a bottle of warm sake, my first time. Seeing as it was on special Monday, it was $23 instead of $28. To share, we ordered the baked oysters, yaki udon, midori salad, salmon tartare and one other dish from the daily special I forgot the name. Basically the food was magical! It did things to my taste buds I probably should not repeat on a public review. The service was great as well. I'd probably say my ultimate favourite, though very difficult to pick one, were the baked oysters. But everything was delicious! I thought it was decently priced. And I definitely recommend sharing. To top it off, my cousin and I had sake bombs and that was such a fun, loud experience. Try it out! Next trip to Montréal I will be returning.

Reviewed May 8, 2017

I loved this place, it's trendy and classy at the same time. You can go there for business, with friends, or in couple. Nice athmosphere. A bit expensive, but the food is really good

Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

The place offers quite good Japanese pub food. Everything is tasty, service is quick. The fact that staff shouted all orders (after which all other staff would reply in the same way) was a bit gimmicky. I have traveled quite a bit in Japan and never encountered an izakaya where they actually did this. Then again, I might have missed it. Without the shouting the place would be just as good, if not more so :)

Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

#1. Don't expect the usual check the box sushi roll experience
#2. The food is creative, beautiful, and unique.
#3. Club music, which I enjoy, might not be for everyone... And slightly gives the feel of a rushed experience.
#4. The yelled greeting for every door opening (a la "Welcome to Moe's!", but in Japanese) is grating at first, but grows on you.
#5. The staff is actually Japanese! Yes!
#6. While we had 4 kids under 10 at the table who are used to food adventure, please don't bring the ketchup and chicken finger only kid set here. You will regret that.
#7. You won't find a menu like this anywhere.. Guaranteed!
In summary, great authentic food. Some special caveats, but they actually increase the "specialness" factor!

Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

Was supposed to go to elsewhere for lunch, but ended up eating here instead.

I had the lunch special Ramen with spicy pork. It was very delicious. Could've used a little more spice, but hey I like it hot and I won't hold it against them.

The ramen noodles were cooked to perfection. the pork was ground and cooked well, not a big fan of eggplant so I ate around them.

Service while efficient was not great. Maybe it's because I came in during the downtime and they were busy cleaning up after their lunch rush.

Was glad I got to try this place out, will come again.