“Authentic Mexican Food!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I’m Mexican and i’ve lived in Canada for 6 years. I miss authentic Mexican, and it’s difficult to do due lack of ingredients. This restaurant is a little piece of heaven!! Great food! Great flavor! Hands down best meal I had on my trip!!!
We had the enchiladas con mole and the chilaquiles. Highly recommended!!

1  Thank SandraNB2014

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I visited this restaurant about 10 years ago for lunch and had their bandera (the Mexican flag dish). I remember not liking the chicken version and substituting it for cheese.

Fast-forward ten years or so and they are still open and serving the bandera. I had the cheese-only version again, and it's still just as good. A pleasant surprise! It comes with beans and a little bit of salad, and is quite filling. And of course, the usual appetizer with salsa.

The staff was very nice and the service was quick. The decor in the front part of the restaurant could use some refreshing, if only because the cushions look like they have seen their fare share of use.

They have a small terrace outside too, which was open when I visited, even though the city was doing some construction around the entrance to the restaurant. It made finding the door a little bit more difficult than expected, but once inside, you forget all about the outside world.

All in all, a good pick for lunch near the museums and galleries on Sherbrooke Street, and right next to Concordia University.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Mesa14 is a little gem on Bishop Street. Right now it's difficult to find because of all the construction keeping it from being seen from the street. However, it's worth perservering because it's worth it.

We received a lovely, warm welcome from Mike, the owner, who seated us in a really nice location. The wait staff were also friendly and professional. The food was delicious; I had fabulous enchiladas and my friend had tacos with chorizo. The guacamole was fresh and the mojitos were perfect.

We really enjoyed our experience at Mesa14 and would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

A group of 6 of us just went last week during our vacation in Montreal and it was perfection!! We all loved our food so much that we ate it way too fast. There were a good number of vegetarian options - so happy that I got the veggie burrito. My friend who had the enchiladas could not contain his excitement about them. You have to go.

1  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 5 August 2017

My wife and I love Mexican food, and while staying at a hotel on Crescent St, I did an internet search for one that was close by with good reviews. We chose Mesa 14.

When I say this is a hidden gem, I do mean "hidden". If I hadn't had the place showing on my phone GPS, I never would have found it. There is some road construction going on on Bishop St, and there is a fence erected in front of this restaurant ( and a few others) hiding the business from view. There was a sign on the fence with Mesa 14 on it, but no indication how to get behind the fence. After walking around a bit, we found that at the far end of the fence, you could make it to the sidewalk and walk back to the restaurant. This fence has got to be killing their business.

I'm glad we took the trouble to find it. The place is quaint. We chose a private spot in the back of the restaurant. Waitress was excellent, and made good suggestions. I had the enchiladas, and they were excellent. 3 enchiladas, each with a different filling, and 3 different sauces. I can't quite remember what my wife ordered, but she said that she really enjoyed it. I found the prices reasonable for what we got.

I would definately eat here again, next time I visit Montreal. Assuming they are still in business. I'm sure that fence must be hurting business from walk by traffic. I understand from the waitress that the fence may be there for months to come.

1  Thank Duley01