“Excellent”
Review of Brasserie 701

Brasserie 701
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie 701 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 6,101 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Quartier International
Cross street: St-Jacques
Transit: Metro: Place d'Armes (Orange Line) Bus: 55
Description: Inspired by Paris’s golden-era brasseries, Brasserie 701 welcomes you in a chic decor with its grandiose neo-classical architecture and a lively ambiance. The kitchen serves French brasserie classics from breakfast through supper every day, with brunch served on weekends.
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

We found Brasserie 701 on Trip Advisor and walked there from Old Town. From our first steps inside, we were treated like royalty by the restaurant manager. This continued through out our meal, even extending help with getting a cab back to our hotel. We both had duck for our meal and once again, we had personal attention regarding my husband's garlic intolerance. Our meal was delicious. My husband had wine and coffee, both were well paired. This restaurant is a great choice when in Montreal.

cbeland, Gérant at Brasserie 701, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Dear quilterteacher,

Thank you very much for your review about your recent visit at Brasserie 701.

I am very happy to read that Benoit took good care of you from the beginning of your dinner and that you enjoyed the food.

We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

We really wanted to like this place and were excited to try it on our first night in town. The restaurant is beautiful and we really enjoyed our appetizers. My wife had one of the salads and I had the mushrooms on toast and both were delicious. The disaster happened with dinner. The couple seated next to us didn't order an appetizer but was done and paid for before our dinner even came and our waitress was nowhere to be found. An hour and a half after being seated, we finally saw our waitress and asked if our dinner was close to being ready because we really just wanted to go home. Both a waitress and a manager came over to tell us it was being plated which was a flat out lie. We received our meals cold, my wife's mashed potatoes were rubbery and glue like from sitting around while my duck was tough and barely edible. I should have complained at the time but we were very hungry after traveling most of the day and just wanted to eat something. Another waiter saw us once again looking around trying to find our waitress and brought us dessert menus but we just wanted to get out. There were no apologies and nothing taken off our bill (although I didn't ask). What upsets me the most about this place is that they flat out lied that our meal was being plated when it clearly had been sitting in the kitchen for at least half an hour. If they had been up front with us, we could have left or gotten something else. Instead, we feel screwed over by a restaurant that was fairly highly rated and charged quite a bit for food they knew had been sitting out.

cbeland, Manager at Brasserie 701, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear Donny N,

I am very sorry about your experience on your recent visit at Brasserie 701.

I truly want to apologize.
The quality of the service and quality of food are our priorities.

I would really like to invite you again on your next visit to Montreal so that we could really demonstrated you the real experience of Brasserie 701.
If you wish to discuss about the situation, please contact me directly by phone at 514-282-2721 or by email at cbeland@hotelplacedarmes.com

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

The filet mignon was the best I haven’t had and the sauce was unbelievable. . The creme brûlée was excellent. Highly recommend as the entire evening was a great experience.

Thank you very much for your review.

We hope to see you soon again.

514-282-2721

Reviewed October 14, 2017

Based on Tripadvisor.com reviews, we had planned on dining in this restaurant, and then discovered that it was actually in our hotel. We had a pleasant meal indoors and received excellent service from Sara. We chose Le Pive rose since the weather was quite warm, and it was quite good. Having seen photos of the hamburger on this site, we chose that for dinner and were not disappointed.

The only negative is that the restaurant is quite noisy, especially if you are not seated near the side.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

Jessica was our bartender ... makes a great high end drink! It's not cheap, but definitely a nice place for a good mixology experience!