“Not as good as she used to be!”
Review of Manzo Pizzeria

Manzo Pizzeria
Ranked #1,508 of 5,974 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I frequented Manzo for over 7 years and considered their 14 inch number 13 steak and pepperoni sub the best I have ever had. In all those years I can only remember 4 times when the sub was not up to their excellent standards.
After 2 years of not visiting, I decided to return in May 2017. I was disappointed to find the price had risen to over $15.00 I also found the steak was rather sparse and the pepperoni slices to be smaller. To make matters worse, it also contained the end pieces of pepperoni sausage. All in all, not the same sub I used to love. I felt terribly let down.

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

I have to thank someone from work who introduced us to this place.

For the subs, the special, spicy with sauce on the side (if ordering to take out) is the best.

The bread is thick and doughy. The meat delicious.

My son enjoys the bacon pizza.

It is a bit pricey but so worth it.

Order in advance as it gets really busy on game nights.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

I'll start by saying that I can't be certain Manzo is the best on the island - I haven't tried everything. I will add, however, that after having Manzo, there's no reason to go anywhere else!

First off, don't let physical appearance stray you away from it. It's in a tiny strip mall in Lasalle. If you blink, you'll miss it. There is a counter with 2 chairs where you can sit, and maybe 3 tables. So, really, it's made for takeout. I come in from Kirkland (25 minutes away) to get either pizza or subs, and it's worth the drive.

The subs use their own homemade bread, and basically, it's their pizza crust. If you're going for subs, go ahead and get a 14" - it's like a dollar more than the 10", and you'll have lunch for the next day. The sheer weight of each sub is indicative of just how much food they put in the sub.

The ingredients are fantastic and fresh. The sauce tastes tomatoey (and not sweet or with some odd spice that makes it almost...curried tomatoes). Sometimes there's a mountain of sauce on a pizza, but they use just the right amount. The weight of the pizzas is also indicative of the amount of toppings they put on them.

I've never tried food other than the pizza/subs, so I can't comment.

Growing up, there was this pizzeria just up the road from me. They were fantastic. When they sold the shop, I felt like we'd never have the same taste (or anything comparable), and after trying several on the West Island, Manzo comes closest. It makes the 50 minute round trip worth every moment. The hardest part of getting takeout is having to smell it in the car the whole way home...

Reviewed 16 February 2016

Went to Manzo's in Lasalle and had a steak sub. Ordered a 10" and could have shared my meal. It is filled with steak and not just a bunch of lettuce. The bread is made from pizza dough. A very different taste than normal bread. Very good. Only a couple of tables if you want to eat in. It is basically a take out restaurant. Went with two friends and sat at the small round table. Was not that bad. Owner very friendly. Fair price for good food. Would go back.

Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

Visited this place twice in the past week ! Took a #15 sub manzo special and I gotta say best ever . With a nice drink this sub hits the spot . Drink or no drink, this is a gem spot . Living in Lasalle , and we didn't have a clue about this place until a friend mentioned this . Truly hidden in Lasalle but easy to get to . Make sure to eat there or get home fast ! The sauce may cause the sub to sog up if you want to long to eat but it's normal . So eat it while it's hawwwwt !