“Varied menu and tasty food”

Zibo Restaurant And Bar
Ranked #110 of 6,249 Restaurants in Montreal
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: Unpretentious choice with a bar featuring Californian-inspired cuisine & weekday drink specials.
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Visited Zibo with my Husband and parents a couple of weeks ago on a trip to Montreal and really enjoyed it.

Very varied menu - both with good choice and style. From burgers to pasta to oriental dishes and pizza, I think you’d struggle not to find something to suit everyone in a group.

We started with the fried zucchini and calamari - both of which were delicious and with nice presentation. We followed with the Mediterranean salad, a pizza, the burger and the Californian chicken sandwich - all of which were well received. The salad was huge and full of all the ingredients (not just a bowl of lettuce and a couple of extras like you sometimes end up with!) with a huge piece of chicken on top, and all other dishes were thoroughly enjoyed. Cocktails were also lovely.

Took quite a while for any waiters or waitresses to take our order or bring drinks, but it was the Grand Prix weekend and was really busy with several big tables, and you could see they were running around and trying to get round everyone quickly.

Nice chilled atmosphere - would definitely recommend (and ended up revisiting another Zibo outside of the city later in the week after the success at this one!)

1  Thank rsa1009

Reviewed June 18, 2018

This place had live music when we went, it was okay, a bit loud for my tastes. The service staff are dressed like sailors, not sure why...

The food was good, I got the duck confit poutine to start. It's a generous serving and was quite good. For dinner I had the mac and cheese, it was rich, not overcooked, and overall better than average.

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to Montreal and we were looking for something unique to the city. My wife is gluten intolerant, so that was a factor in our decision. The concierge at our hotel recommended Zibos so walked over to give it a try. I am happy to say we were not disappointed! Ambience was great and our waiter (Jonathan) was friendly and knowledgeable. His wine recommendation was superb, and the meal was great. One of the nicest dining experiences we have had in a long time.
Highly recommend!

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

First time at zibo on a first date. Amazing terrace the waitress was super friendly. She even helped me out looking good for my date. We had the entre plater whih has 6 different entres on it. The general manager himself came to the table to recommend wines for us. All in all great all around for a good price. Will definately be going back.

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

This is the third supper/party I attend there and I am pleased at every occasion! Food is great and diverse, cocktails are generous, service is on point and staff is fun and very welcoming! Looking forward to my next visit!