“My favourite restaurant in Montreal!”

Thali Cuisine Indienne
Ranked #504 of 5,849 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: Thali Cuisine Indienne is the true & only Thali quick serve restaurant in Montreal. We have been at our current location for 8 years now and popular amongst locals, students & tourists. We are vegetarian and vegan friendly and provide fine Indian cuisine at an affordable price. Note: We Deliver to all hotels in the downtown core. This is our only location. We accept cash and Interac (Can. debit). Credit card accepted via only ordering site Just Eat (Thali 1409 St Marc).
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

It's hard not to eat here everyday. I almost always get the alu goby, chana masala, and sambar. Their samosas are unreal. I love the staff. They do their job and they're good at it. I dream about their food.

There are newer reviews for Thali Cuisine Indienne

Reviewed 11 September 2016

This little hole in the wall restaurant is a favorites not only among students but also among locals living in the downtown core. They have a $10, (tax incl) dish that gives you 2 meat selections, one vegetarian dish, rice, a full nan and papadam. Where else can you get that much food for 10 bucks. It was so much that I was not able to finish it. I did however also buy 2 samosas (one meat and one veggie) just to try them out and I am glad I did. Both were slightly spicy, not greasy at all and piping hot. For the main dishes my wife and I decided to try all 4 meat dishes (butter chicken, spicy chicken, lamb and the beef). All four we flavourful with the spicy chicken offering the biggest kick. Both the lamb and beef were very tender but watch when they are serving as with the lamb at first we had several chunks of bone with very little meat. When we pointed this out they happily added more meat. I had the potato and cauliflower veggie dish which was very good and cooked perfectly and my wife had the chick peas which were also spicy. YumYum!! This restaurant will definitely become one of our go to places when we dont feel like cooking. I am anxious to try the tandoori chicken and the Dal masala.

2  Thank dang9973
Reviewed 15 August 2016

You can expect Good Quality of Indian food over here within a reasonable price. The place is usually packed and full.Their vegetarian and non vegetarian combination plates are good for those who are on budget. Otherwise you can order the dishes separately. I would suggest Palak paneer and Chana masala for vegetarians and Butter Chicken and lamb curry for non vegetarians.
The only thing i would like them to improve on is customer service.

2  Thank prati147
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Went for lunch buffet. Ordered the veg and the meat combo plates. On the large section a huge mound of white rice was placed, topped with a huge piece of naan, and that topped with papadum (no chutneys). In the 3 small plate sections we had choices of veg and meat dishes. The butter chicken (orange sauce) was average. The chicken curry (a red sauce) was superb. There was veg dish (coated in a breading?) that was good, the mixed veg very boring (though it had some heat), dal was wonderful and palak paneer was average. (I like full flavours. When I say something was average, the spices were too light for me)
So there are some great options, and some average. If you want to fill up on rice and bread, have various options and pay very little for such a meal, this is an excellent choice. If flavours are more important, keep looking. I am!

1  Thank Melissa G
Reviewed 12 July 2016

If you are looking for basic North Indian food at a low price, this is the place to go in Montreal. It is not far from Centreville. They had a sign announcing that they serve South Indian masala dosa but they don't -- it is an old sign. The food is filling.

1  Thank Venkataraman C
Vickrum A, Manager at Thali Cuisine Indienne, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Hi we do have Dosa, but just not on Monday afternoon. This is not an old sign.
Vick