“Quick and Delicious”

Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Ville-Marie
Description: Thali Cuisine Indienne is the true & only Thali quick serve restaurant in Montreal. We have been at our current location for 9 years now and popular among-st locals, students & tourists. We are vegetarian and vegan friendly and provide fine Indian cuisine at an affordable price. Note: We Deliver to all hotels in the downtown core. This is our only location. We accept cash and Interac (Can. debit) & credit cards.
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Awesome place to swing by and quickly order exactly what you need. I’ve never been to any Indian restaurant that has the option of ordering a vegetarian or non vegetarian platter and receiving 3 different curries plus one naan and rice. What a great option especially when you are not going with other people.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 25, 2018

This place serves a decent thali with well-flavoured curries. The lamb was great and the naan bread was good. The salt lassi was excellent, but the chai tasted of nothing.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 18, 2018

This place is great. You can choose a veg or non-veg thali. The portions are generous, the taste of the food is fresh, and the prices are very very good. One of my favorite places in Mtl. Will go back and will recommend!

Date of visit: July 2018
Vickrum A, Manager at Thali Cuisine Indienne, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Blessed and humbled

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Been there with my wife and we ordered Chicken Biriyani and Masala dosa. The food was very oily, the chicken Biriyani was not really a Biriyani but rice mixed with chicken, loaded with powdered red pepper. The dosa was better, but was soaked in cooking oil. Never going again?!

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank saucier_diamond
Vickrum A, Manager at Thali Cuisine Indienne, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

"Never going again?!" Why did you put a question mark? Still contemplating coming back? :-P ... Please don't and learn punctuation. How can you write reviews if you don't understand punctuation! You see... that's where a exclamation mark goes. I could teach you more, but you obviously are not interested in educating yourself or your palate.

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

I ordered a combo plate including beef and lab broth and a broth of cheese and pea. Beef and lab was supposed to be marinated in cury but they were not prepared at all. It seemed that they were took from the fridge and were added by pepper. I tasted bread and samosa too. They were not good. I make you sure that you can find delicious samosa in Montreal (see my previous posts).
However, the special drink of resto (thumb up) was perfect. I ordered mango one. I strongly recommend it.
Overall, its price is a bit lower than other Indian restos but a I believe that better quality is available in Montreal.

Date of visit: May 2018