“Very pretty and elegant”

Restaurant Beffroi Steak House
Ranked #125 of 1,433 Restaurants in Quebec City
Price range: US$11 - US$74
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Quebec City, just steps away from the St. John Door and from Old Quebec's historic district, Restaurant Beffroi Steak House has mastered the art of cooking over maple charcoal, for 15 years. Aside from its great table, the restaurant features an impressive cellar containing over 300 labels and 2,500 wine bottles, approximatively. Over the years, Restaurant Beffroi Steak House has been honored with several mentions such as the Great Distinction Award (2009) and the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence (2013, 2014, 2015). With its breathtaking view on Place D'Youville, its warm decor and private lounges that can accommodate up to 30 guests, Restaurant Beffroi Steak House will definitely enchant you.
West Vancouver, Canada
“Very pretty and elegant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

My husband and I went here in September, 2011. The restaurant is located very near to Vieux Quebec. The waiters were pleasant and friendly. The food was great. We both had the seafood chowder as an appetizer, which at $15 might be a little pricey, but it was very good. It is a quiet place, probably best suited to couples.

Ontario
“Don't drop in. Especially if you are casual and English is your first language.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

My husband and I stopped by "Le Beffroi Steak House" after an evening walking through Old Town. We spent a few minutes waiting behind another couple while they were waiting to be seated. While the hostess was organizing things, the older woman in front of me eyed me up and down for several minutes, taking in my jeans and T-Shirt. The hostess took the couple off to seat them, and a man glanced at us and told us (in French) that they did not have any space available and that it would be at least an hour to an hour and a half wait before they could seat us since we did not have reservations.

This would have been okay, except that only about a quarter of their tables were taken at the 7:30 in the evening. I believe that between my casual dress and our copious use of Enlgish they were not interested in serving us. From the other reviews, we probably made out well!

I did get the chance to glance at their menue. Dinners were between $20-$50.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank SWandKM
Toronto, Canada
“Are you kidding me???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

I gave this place a 1 because of the shrimp cocktail I had. We went there during the storm on August 28th. About 3/4 full and it didn't seem that busy. We ordered within 10 minutes and my youngest got her meal within 15 minutes......but the rest of us waited....FOREVER! Tables with kids, tables with just adults, etc ordered after us and got served first. When we asked for the 3rd time about our main meal the waiter rushed to get our dinner and once we got it my other child and myself couldn't believe how burnt our steaks were. You would think a steakhouse knows how to cook a steak! The waiter had the gall to ASK if we wanted him to take the meal back. My wife enjoyed her meal by herself as my youngest already finished hers 30 minutes before. By the time we got our meal back it was 2 hours since we ordered. My wife wanted to talk to the manager but the waiter tried to talk her out of this by telling her that he already talked to him.

DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT! WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

• Visited August 2011
Ocean Grove, New Jersey
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

Steak was mediocre at best. Service was ok. Price was Very high!
Next to us, a couple with a baby was seated. The waiter broke a glass on to their table. They made the couple stand with the baby while they cleaned up the glass. They should have moved them to a glass free table!!

I would NOT recommend this restaurant!

• Visited August 2011
Ubud, Indonesia
“Disaster on a plate”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

We had lunch at this restaurant and were highly disappointed
The restaurant is decorated as if you were travelling back to 1980
The background music was some kind of heavy metal band until we asked for it to be changed only then to hear a skipping CD of big band music
the food was a disaster. It was cold, and had a bizarre taste of burnt plastic.
Service was adequte but we did have to wait to order while the staff talked on the phone. We had to ask 3 - 4 times for our bill. This was in a near empty restaurant.
Midway through the meal the restaurant filled with a slightly choking haze as the cook burnt more steaks
I definitely would not recommend
I would sooner eat my left food than have another meal here

The food tasted burnt and had a chemical taste to it
the service was adequate but seemed like we had to ask for our bill three or four times