5,937 results
All reviews gold floor iconic hotel chateau frontenac champlain restaurant le sam fairy tale river view old quebec lawrence river bucket list old world charm renovated room trip to quebec city the location is perfect lower town valet parking concierge
Reviewed September 24, 2018

I was initially apprehensive about our stay at this hotel. I do appreciate the craftsmanship and detail that went into historical structures. I’m just not a fan of the room layout/facilities, particularly since most renovations are just a surface update with new carpet and fresh paint. The Chateau Frontenac has done a complete renovation inclusive of stripping out the old clunky tubs and installing new updated shower stall. The remainder of the room was appointed with the modern amenities and a very comfortable bed.

The other concern I had was the tourist attraction aspect. We did find the lobby area somewhat crowded with onlookers; however, the check-in, concierge, and bell stations are all sectioned off from that crowd. We also appreciated that the hotel installed card key readers in the elevators so that they controlled access to the remainder of the property.

The check in staff were very pleasant and didn’t miss a beat switching from French to English to assist us with check-in. The Concierge staff gave us great recommendations for little Bistros around town that proved to be perfect.

The Breakfast Buffet was one of the best we've experienced in quite some time.

Room tip: If you can get a city view it is spectacular
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2mnytls
Patricia C, Responsable de la réception at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Bonjour 2mnytls,

We are delighted you had such a wonderful experience on your recent stay with us. Our teams work hard to make each guest stay special and it is truly rewarding to read your review. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Breath taking city and beautiful lobby!! This hotel is amazing, however I am not sure I would stay again as the room was just average and the real beauty of the hotel is the outside and the lobby both of which you can see without staying there.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Bonjour yoursecretsmilegirl,

Thank you for sharing feedback. It is very valuable to us as it will assist in improving our offering and deliver a memorable experience for each guest. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

I don’t mean to gush but this was absolutely one of the most pleasurable lunching experiences ever enjoyed by my wife and I. We had a beautiful water view from our table at SAM. The chowder delicious, stuffed seafood shell amazing, a wonderful bottle of Pinot noir exclusive to the Chateau Frontenac, and a truly decadent black chocolate dessert. Adding to the overall ambiance though was the warm, friendly, and knowledgeable service provided by Sherri. A world class landmark such as this requires exceptional delivery and this young lady exceeded all expectations! Merci beaucoup!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcperrin14

Bonjour jcperrin14,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent experience at the Chateau. We will share your great feedback with our teams and and especially with Sherri. Thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay and dining experiences and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

My stay at the Chateau Frontenac was truly a once in a lifetime experience. The hotel’s history, impeccable service, wonderful property, and gorgeous room all made my trip to Quebec City complete, and one that I will not forget. I splurged on a gold level room, and I’m so glad I did. It was worth it. I enjoyed the private reception area/lounge, breakfast, snacks, concierge and staff that recognized me and called me by name! The location made exploring the upper and lower parts of Old Quebec very easy. It was nice to have the Terrace Dufferin just steps away from my room. I left Quebec City and the Chateau feeling pampered and refreshed.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Bonjour Jpkc6,

Thank you for this detailed and very informative review of your recent Chateau Frontenac stay. We are extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay and the great amenities of our Fairmont Gold product. I will share your great feedback with our teams and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

The hotel was packed with cruise ship customers and we felt lost and uncomfortable with the crowds in all public rooms. There are very few options for hotel dining. Nothing for Sunday breakfast until 10 AM. We had difficulty getting into lunch room and, once inside, saw many empty tables. We took hotel tour which was a huge disappointment and we were not allowed to sit anywhere during the hour and half tour. Elevators crowded and uncomfortable.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Bonjour Trobertinp,

Thank you for sharing feedback of your stay. I was disappointed to read that your stay did not meet your expectations and the issues you encountered with your room. I would like the opportunity to follow-up with you directly if you can contact me at patricia.carre@fairmont.com