Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews chateau frontenac old city stairs are steep few blocks within the walls room was large bed was very comfortable each morning marie quebec parking
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2018

This is a very small boutique hotel, with an extraordinarily helpful and pleasant staff. The only drawback is the need to climb stairs - there is no lift; therefore this hotel (as with most of Old Quebec) is not handicapper accessible. There is a dumbwaiter for your luggage, so at least you don't have to carry it as you climb the stairs. Try to book the second floor. It is a beautifully appointed small hotel, with antiques and special touches everywhere. Free WiFi, and a nice continental breakfast between 8:00 and 10:00 am.
Very easy walking distance from attractions! Were walking shoes, as Quebec is quite hilly.

Room tip: Lower floors = less stair climbing
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Super friendly staff and the inn is charming. Beautiful antiques and stone walls. We booked last minute and so had a very small room-it was in the connected building. We never saw another person in our building our entire stay-felt like we had a private house to ourselves. Some people have commented on the stairs in the inn...if stairs are difficult for you, Quebec is not the place to visit. Everything is hills and stairs! Breakfast is lovely and we chose to eat out in the garden-quiet spot.Only strange thing, and I realize it would impact very few guests, I asked for an iron and was told I could bring my clothes over to the lobby and iron there-in the next building. I lived with wrinkles instead.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Recently did a two night stay at this period hotel reminisce of a hotel in NOLA. Beautiful old hotel conveniently located within walking distance of the QC restaurant and bar area. Off site parking is available a few blocks away for an additional $17 CAD per day. Great asset as there is literally no parking here. Nice rooms but only one bed, queen or king no doubles that I know of. Lots of stairs so if you have Mobility issues could be difficult. Lift available for luggage only.
Rooms were comfortable, strong wifi. Decent, adequate continental breakfast included. Very friendly staff. Excellent choice at a decent price.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Thank you to Helene & Stephanie for taking such good care of us during our stay at the lovely Hotel Cap Diamant. It's located on a quiet street, but mere steps from the "action" in Old Quebec. We love to walk and this location scores perfect in that regard. The room was very nice and comfortable. The hotel was actually an attraction in itself because it's so historic. The continental breakfast was perfect for us and allowed for an earlier start because we did not have to go out. For my wife and I, the true "test" is 'would we stay there again?' and the answer is definitely yes!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2018

It's not every day that I can say there is nothing else I could ask for in a place.
This is one of those rare exceptions. It was far more than what I had expected, and that says a lot since I was already smitten by the pics online I had seen.
We stayed four nights in the "historical king with balcony"...room A1. I hadn't realized that the hotel was actually two buildings, side by side. The main lobby was in the building with the hotel sign attached. In this building there was also the lovely breakfast/sunroom area as well as the door to the gardens with tables as well if the weather allows. Speaking of breakfast, it was simple but delightful. More than enough to start the day.
Our room was in the connecting building. In fact, it was the entire 3rd level. Yes...there are a lot of stairs so it is not handicap accessible, but the luggage can be taken up with the small "luggage lift". The room was amazingly large with a full kitchen as well as....a second level!! Yes...there is a second level up a few stairs that opens to a bit of a living/reading room area and there is the door to the lovely balcony at this level.
The balcony has a table and chairs and is quite roomy considering it's one of the few actual balconies around. The view....spectacular.
The hotel has a deal with the parking garage around the corner, so after you drop your things at the hotel, you'll have a special card to go park the car and, as we did, leave it there for as long as you like. If you pay cash at the end of your stay you will avoid the added taxes. The price is more than fair.
The hotels location is ideal to almost everything. It's a very short walk to the center of the old town as well as all shopping and restaurants.
Considering we were there during the weekend of the G7 Summits, I have to say that there was little disruption and we had a most wonderful time.
The staff at this lovely hotel was cheerful and helpful and always a smile to share and willing to help in any way.
I'd like to extend a big "thank you" to the lovely ladies who work there and I'd be sure to stay there again if returning to that beautiful city in the future.

Date of stay: June 2018