All reviews check in was easy late at night old quebec minute walk dorm sink desk shelving dresser accommodations laptop pillows
Reviewed June 29, 2017

I'll reiterate some things some people have said here. This was an extremely cheap place to stay on a 5 day trip to Quebec City. Check-in was easy, Using English was not a problem. My room is tiny, tiny, tiny with two twin beds and furniture that looked like it was original from the 50's. As I was travelling alone and only intended to be here to sleep, that wasn't so much a problem. Two windows provided only circulation and that was negligible and that was a problem even with day time temps in the upper 70's/low 80's, the room was very warm. Took till late, late at night for temps to cool. Buying a cheap fan at Walmart would be helpful. (BTW Walmart in one of 3 (!!!) nice malls easily within walking distance, each across the street from each other). Vending machines for soda and snacks nearby.

Bathrooms down the hall were clean, showers were not communal, you had privacy in your own stall. Towels provided were nice. Sink in room.

What I wasn't prepared for was the student noise. I guess that even though most of the students were home for summer, there were still students living in these dorms. So like the dorms I remember from college, there was noise late at night in the halls and outside. Since I couldn't close the windows for fear of heat stroke, it made for a noisy room too. My room was unfortunately 5 meters from the main entrance, so that added to the noise too. Of all the things I've listed, the noise was probably the biggest issue with me.

Bus was less than 2 blocks away. $3.50 per trip, but passes available at convenience stores will drop that price. Got me to town in about 15 minutes. Quebec, by the was, is absolutely fabulous.

Room Tip: As for a middle of the hall room, not next to an entrance.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank aosinski
Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

If you want to save money this is a good choice. Clean, good parking and easy bus or car access to Quebec. Rooms are tiny without private bath but clean. Only single beds one of which is a cot. If you want to try dorm life again give it a try. Good restaurants and cafes nearby.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fehlow
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days. The rooms are big enough and very cozy. Every thing is clean, towels, bed, pillows.
It's easy to reach the downtown by bus. Only 15 minutes far away from city center. Very nice staff and cooperative. If I go there again, I would definitely choose this place.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed July 18, 2016

I am too cheap to pay New York City prices for a night in Quebec City so we stayed in a superior room at Laval University. The price was $100 a night plus tax but we had: free wifi, a small living room with pull out couch, flat screen TV (only 1 English Channel though), mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker, a bedroom with dresser, queen sized bed, flat screen TV, and out own bathroom including a shower. The mattress looked new and was comfortable. The check in and out was easy. The hallway to our room was old and dated which worried me at first but when we entered our room I was very happy. Apparently we could use the games rooms and other University amenities but we did not so I can't review those things.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend while dropping her sister off at the University for a summer class. Check in was easy and organized; the price was fair. The rooms have plenty of space and are furnished with a bed, desk, dresser, closet, overhead shelving, and a sink. The only downside were the beds were harder than rocks. If you stay here, definitely either being a pad to put on the mattress, or expect to wake up stiff in the morning.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family